Re: Issue with connecting Firestick, log in page keeps reloading
howemi01
Enthusiast - Level 2

With all due respect to the workarounds posted above there needs to be an official, non-hacky solution to this problem, now more than ever. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

I sent a link to support with this thread. It is being researched. As soon as I get feedback I'll post.

Thanks.

RobCiaff
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Clem53 (and everyone else with this issue)

Did you ever hear back from your support ticket?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@RobCiaff wrote:

Hi Clem53 (and everyone else with this issue)

Did you ever hear back from your support ticket?

No, unfortunately I did not. Ill try again.

wellthen

Check your Fire TV Privacy Preferences, if you enable the middle one (share app data?) it will work.  Not sure if after you log in, if you can safely disable again, will have to experiment.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@wellthen wrote:

Check your Fire TV Privacy Preferences, if you enable the middle one (share app data?) it will work.  Not sure if after you log in, if you can safely disable again, will have to experiment.

Also re-submitted this issue to support, they are actively looking for a fix.

Firestick Apps
MMRutSet23

I am having difficulty logging in using my service provider on any app I download on my Amazon firestick.

I have Verizon Fios, and have Cable and Internet. I downloaded the AMC app, and chose Fios as provided by Verizon as my provider. When I attempt to log in using the same username and password I use to log into my Verizon residential account, it returned the message that my username or password were incorrect. 

Has anyone encountered as similar problem? Most of the messages I see regarding this are dated, and the solutions there have not provided much help. 

Has anyone experienced anything similar? 

0 Likes
Re: Firestick Apps
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@MMRutSet23 wrote:

I am having difficulty logging in using my service provider on any app I download on my Amazon firestick.

I have Verizon Fios, and have Cable and Internet. I downloaded the AMC app, and chose Fios as provided by Verizon as my provider. When I attempt to log in using the same username and password I use to log into my Verizon residential account, it returned the message that my username or password were incorrect. 

Has anyone encountered as similar problem? Most of the messages I see regarding this are dated, and the solutions there have not provided much help. 

Has anyone experienced anything similar? 

Did you try changing the settings in the above post?

ewebave
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also had the problem of not being able to log in to any app where I was signing in to Verizon with the single sign-in feature on my Firestick for certain apps (NBC, ABC, Comedy Channel, etc.).

It happened on 3 of my firesticks - an older voice remote firestick, a new voice remote firestick and also on my new 4k firestick.

I tried the privacy setting suggestions and also moved it to different tv's. I also took the firestick, logged in to another house on a different wi-fi, and I still couldn't log in. Cleared cache, reset, restarted, unplugged and still couldn't log in. The screen would just go back to the screen showing the various providers - a round and round loop.

I found another forum that said there are updates that need to run (she said she ran an update and the screen went back to Home so she thought the updates had run, when in fact, they hadn't finished!). 

I took her advice and it worked! I was able to log in to all my apps where it says "log in once to Verizon and it'll automatically log in to several other apps" or something to that effect. It allows single sign-on feature for some apps.

On your Firestick, go to Settings, My Fire TV, About, Check for updates. Run the update. Then go back and check for updates again and run. Keep doing that until there are no more updates. It may reboot several times, but don't let the Home screen fool you. Manually check for updates again.

It's supposed to run updates automatically when it detects you're not using it, but perhaps it gets stuck, or wasn't sitting idle for long enough - I'm not sure. All I know is this was the solution that finally worked for me.

TrueNorth1

This works.  Thanks Ewebave!  I have amazon fire stick.  Had to be persistent in updating, but once fully updated as of 7/1/2020, it worked!  Shame on Verizon for taking this long to figure this out.  But thanks again Ewebave!

0 Likes