Issue with new FIOS Interactive Media Guide
jones27

I generally like the new media guide, but am having an issue in regards to using it to scroll through my "favorites" list.

With the old guide, while watching a channel, I was able to press the 'down arrow' key on the remote and bring up the guide on the bottom of the screen. I could then easily cycle the guide through my favorites menu (which I had set as the default).

With the new guide, I am seemingly unable to set my favorites as the default setting for the same menu. I now have to select it from the list of options every time I bring up the menu. While the added step is inconvenient enough, after choosing the "favorites" setting from the menu, I am unable to completely cycle through the complete list of favorites. When I reach the end of the list, the guide no longer defaults back to the top of the list. Instead it freezes and makes me close out of the menu.

Not sure why this feature was changed. I hate scrolling through a ton of channels that I don't watch in the menu guide and would much prefer to be able to use the favorites list like the old system allowed me to.

0 Likes
Re: Issue with new FIOS Interactive Media Guide
andy9798
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try this:

Press "Menu" on the remote.

Go to Settings/Television/Last Viewed Guide State

Select "Enable", press OK.

The Guide should now remember the last mode you selected.

0 Likes
jones27

Fantastic... thanks, I will give it a try.

Any suggestions as to why I can no longer repeatedly scroll through my list of favorites and it doesn't automatically cycle back to the top of the list like it used to?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@jones27 wrote:

Fantastic... thanks, I will give it a try.

Any suggestions as to why I can no longer repeatedly scroll through my list of favorites and it doesn't automatically cycle back to the top of the list like it used to?

I am still on 1.8 of the IMG and mine does not do that when I am viewing a Favorites. It does when I am viewing the full Guide. Are you sure yours did with Favorites?

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
jones27

Yes.It is the favorites list. I pretty much use this search function exclusively, so I noticed the change immediately.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@jones27 wrote:

Yes.It is the favorites list. I pretty much use this search function exclusively, so I noticed the change immediately.

Strange....one of the things I noticed immediately when I started using Favorites is that it did not roll over top to bottom or bottom to top like the full Guide did. And it is still that way for me, I just verified it.

Wait a minute - search function? I don't understand what you mean, so maybe we are talking about two different things here. What I am referring to is when I am viewing the Guide but have it set for Favorites 1 for example, and I reach the bottom (or top) of the channels in that list, that it will not roll over to the top (or bottom), it just stops. Is that what you are referring to, or something else?

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
jones27

Justin... yes, what you are explaining is what I am experiencing. I incorrectly used the term search function... I should have said guide.

Previously when I brought up the guide and selected favorites, I was able to cycle completely through the list and it would return to the top automatically when I reached the bottom. With the new guide, it no longer does this.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@jones27 wrote:

Justin... yes, what you are explaining is what I am experiencing. I incorrectly used the term search function... I should have said guide.

Previously when I brought up the guide and selected favorites, I was able to cycle completely through the list and it would return to the top automatically when I reached the bottom. With the new guide, it no longer does this.

OK...and interesting....has never worked that way for me on 1.8, I wonder why....oh well, just one of the life's little mysteries I guess.....

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
jones27

Well... if it's any consolation... it was awesome when it worked.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@jones27 wrote:

Well... if it's any consolation... it was awesome when it worked.  Smiley Happy

Yeah, I was disappointed when I found it did not work the same way as the full Guide. My solution is to simply key a 0 into the Favorites list when I am at the top, and 999 when I am at the bottom, and wait, it will then roll to the next higher (lower) channel that actually is in my Favorites list. Of course I can enter 4 digits to get there immediately if I just can't wait for the delay to expire....

Keller, TX 76248  

0 Likes