Issues with On Demand
fed_up_with_fio

Perhaps someone can suggest how I might seek satisfaction from verizon.  I pay close to $700/month between mutliple cell phone lines, FiOS tv, and internet.  My FiOS service routinely sucks.  Virtually every time I try to use on demand, and I mean EVERY TIME there is an issue.  A month or so ago,the one show I wanted to watch was garbled and pixelated to the point of being totally unwatchable (in HD only, fine in SD...but seriously, I pay enough to be able to expect HD playback?)  After over an hour on the phone with "customer service" what I got was "oh, the department that can deal with that problem isn't currently open"...like they didn't know that an hour and a half ago.  Tonight, my 6 year old daughter wanted to watch Home Alone, purchased a year ago (status shown as purchased for lifetime).  Try to play it, and I get an error message VOD 132 content not playable.  Call tech support, (explained problem) they transfer me to customer service (explain problem again), they tell me they have to transfer me back to tech support.  I tell them don't you dare, they hang up on me.  I call back, new tech guy, tries stuff that doesn't work to give me access to my already purchased movie. Meanwhile, my daughter decides to watch something else.  Now he wants to try something else which will disable my internet and cable access "for a while".  I'm like, no. my daughter just started watching other content why don't you try whatever you need to try in like 60-90 minutes.  He says fine, just call us back then. He cannot do this independently without wasting my time by having me on the line.

WHAT?  I've already been on the phone with you for 45 mins and have resolved nothing, now you want me to call back and start from scratch?  I'm done with verizon, so will cancel subscription, but worried about 60 + films I have "purchased".  According to internet, they will remain available to me as long as I maintain verizon username and password, even if I cancel my subscription with them.  Makes sense since I purchased this content.  However, currently, I can't make Verizon's online access to live, purchased or DVR content work at all. 

total scam as far as I can tell...ready to cancel

0 Likes
Re: Issues with On Demand
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi fed_up_w_fios,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes