Issues with multi-room DVR
lucy2times
I recently had FiOS installed with a multi-room DVR. Yesterday, I attempted to watch a recorded show, but nothing was available for play back. I also didn't have anything set up for future recordings. I refreshed devices, did the correct issues option via the menu, and then reset my router. I had my programs back. Tonight, same issue, did same steps, but the issue wasn't resolved. Any suggestions?
0 Likes
Re: Issues with multi-room DVR - Replacement Probably Required
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@lucy2times wrote:
... attempted to watch a recorded show, but nothing was available for play back. I also didn't have anything set up for future recordings. I refreshed devices, did the correct issues option via the menu, and then reset my router. I had my programs back. Tonight, same issue, did same steps, but the issue wasn't resolved. Any suggestions?

Because you've gone through the standard in-home repair procedures (reboot, fix MRDVR, etc.) and the problem still returns,  I suspect your issue is related to faulty equipment, specifically the DVR itself.  It's not uncommon on an initial install to encounter a bit of bad luck in the form of a defective box.

You can either discuss this with a CSR over the phone to arrange a replacement through the mail, or take matters into your own hands and physically replace the box at a VZ store.  I've done it both ways, and they both work.  Either way you will probably continue to encounter issues until the unit is changed out.  Good luck.

0 Likes