Issues with new 7 series moto DVR
imlazar
Enthusiast - Level 3
I just picked up two motorola 7 series DVRs (the 500 GB ones) at my local verizon store. On one, whenever I start it, I get the 'downloading software update' screen for several minutes. On the other, Travel channel HD (670) isn't working - I get a "this channel is unavailable message." I've tried turning it off and on again, and making sure everything is plugged in. Any other suggestions?
0 Likes
Re: Issues with new 7 series moto DVR
prisaz
Legend

@imlazar wrote:
I just picked up two motorola 7 series DVRs (the 500 GB ones) at my local verizon store. On one, whenever I start it, I get the 'downloading software update' screen for several minutes. On the other, Travel channel HD (670) isn't working - I get a "this channel is unavailable message." I've tried turning it off and on again, and making sure everything is plugged in. Any other suggestions?

If the first DVR was trying to update to the newer revision of software img, and it was interupted, that can cause issues where tech support may need to try and reload the DVR.

If the second box is just missing one channel, there is an auto fix feature under the customer support menu that may help. Either way you may need to contact Verizon tech support, either through an online chat which may be faster, or through a phone call.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

1-800-Verizon or 1-800-837-4966

Re: Issues with new 7 series moto DVR
aliasneo1
Enthusiast - Level 3

just reseat the coax at the back of the stb that will fix the issue, make sure the coax pin is not bent

0 Likes