Issues with setting up new box to TV
NJS1225

Hello!

I just got a new box from Verizon for Fios TV. When I try to activate I get an error that the coax cable is not connected and the VMS moca link is down. Everything is connected correctly. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions for trouble shooting?

0 Likes
Re: Issues with setting up new box to TV
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is that your only box? There has to be coax connected to the router. Is a little house in the top left corner of the vms display?

0 Likes
NJS1225

It is the only box. We previously had Direct TV and tried to use the same coax connector. Our router is in a separate room. Is there anyway to use the existing coax connector or would we need to run a coax connector to the router?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

From you ont which is your main fios equipment you will need a coax coming from that to a 2 port splitter then one to router and one to vms. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also, verify splitter says it is bi-directional for 2Ghz

0 Likes
NJK1

I had a similar issue recently. Verizon sent me a new DVR box and a new G3100 router. After replacing both boxes, the internet was working fine (although the green lights at the back for the WAN & LAN port would not light up green to indicate connectivity) but the set top box would not connect and report "VMS Moca link is down error message". All the connections were verified and reverified several times with the help of tech support. When the set top box is connected, the coax indicator at the back of the G3100 router should turn green but it never did. Finally a technician showed up and was able to identify the issue. After checking for signal issues, the coax connectivity from the OTN to the set top box and to the router were all good. He replaced the router and then everything started to work (all lights at the back turned green - wan / lan and coax)

0 Likes