Re: Keep Getting "currently unavailable" even after resets
zbonugli

I feel your pain. This problem is not affecting my internet (thankfully), but it's unacceptable when my HD channels go blank several times per day.

I will be calling VZ first thing monday to demand a credit until this is resolved. Sometimes my box even crashes and restarts itself when the problem occurs.

If customer service is unable to help me, I will switch to Dish. Don't like paying big $ for crappy service.

0 Likes
TechGuy
To all users of the Fios DVR box model 7216: FIOS will be rolling out a Firmware Upgrade in Mid Feb to fix the "Currently Unavailable" issue.  The problem arises when changing channels while surfing.  Picture persists for 8 seconds then screen goes black and the "Currently Unavailable" message appears.  The issue is well know by FIOS engineers and finds its root cause in the dual tuners trying to simultaneously access the same channel.  It will never occur when one tuner is locked to a channel while recording when the other tuner is surfing the channel guide.
0 Likes
SamRay
Enthusiast - Level 2
We got our service in mid February and now it is nearly the end of March and we get the problem nearly every day; maybe it is a different problem with the similar symptoms.
0 Likes