LABOR CHARGES?!
jvee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am usually a very patient and calm person, but undisclosed billing charges can push a person's buttons. In January, our TV would not work for some reason. We suspected that some wirings may have been interrupted due to the strong gusts we had been experiencing here in Los Angeles. Thus we called Verizon to send a technician. NO ONE INFORMED US THAT THERE WOULD BE A POSSIBILITY THAT WE WOULD BE BILLED. The technician was scheduled to arrive between 10AM and 3PM, but he didn't arrive until later that night. We had plans that day that we had to cancel because the technician FAILED to uphold to the agreed schedule. When he checked the wiring, he said that it seemed that the wires were cut. At this point, Verizon, you had another opportunity to provide a disclosure that THERE WILL BE CHARGES INCURRED SHOULD THE REAPIR WAS CONTINUED, but THERE WAS NO DISCLOSURE MADE. By fair business practices, you should have warned consumers first about the charges that will be made. To my surprise before I made my timely payment this month, there is an additional $91 charge that I did not know about. In law firms, we are required to inform clients about the fees before a specific service is made. This is unfair and cannot be substantiated.

Even Starbucks dropped charges on undisclosed $1.50 charge on their coffee nationally due to Consumer Protection Act.

Now, please contact me and inform me when you will be dropping the labor charge.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LABOR CHARGES?!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

View solution in original post

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

jvee
Enthusiast - Level 1
I prefer a phone call.
0 Likes
jvee
Enthusiast - Level 1
I just got an email from a representative, crediting my account for the charge. I truly, TRULY appreciate the effort and response. 🙂
0 Likes