LAST Button on Remote Phillips Remote Control Not Working Correctly
fblevins17
Enthusiast - Level 2
My last button only seems to work when I change the channel wih the + or - button.  If I go from 512 to 83, then the last button will not work.  Any ideas.
Message Edited by fblevins17 on 08-16-2008 10:34 AM
0 Likes
Re: LAST Button on Remote Phillips Remote Control Not Working Correctly
bstanfordb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interesting, I signed up just now after hooking up my Verizon Fios for the first time to complain about an issue with the LAST button.

If you push the LAST button it goes to the channel you were most recently on.  So if you're on channel 2 and you push in 3-0 and go to channel 30, last will be between 2 and 30.  Now, if you press channel up from 30, it will be between 30 and 31.

That is NOW how LAST should work. (and if Verizon doesn't modify this I'll be going back to my regular cable company after my introductory price runs out.... yea, I'm *THAT* picky) 

Using the example from above, the LAST button should toggle between 31 and 2.  The channel up and down buttons should not effect the settings of the LAST, only when you enter in numbers manually. 

If anyone knows where I can more formally lodge this complaint, please let me know.  I'd like to keep the Fios but will definitely switch back if this isn't adressed.  

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

To the second poster, you are wrong. It is working correctly.

To the first poster: Don't press zero first, I don't know if that is what you are doing, but if you press 0007, the last button won't work. Put in 7 and hit OK or just wait a few seconds for it to change.

0 Likes
bstanfordb
Enthusiast - Level 2
If it's wrong to want the most efficient and logical last channel configuration... I don't want to be right.  LAST buttons that change the station to consecutive numbers when surfing with the channel +/- buttons are worthless... if it's there to save time and be helpful, that is.
0 Likes
fblevins17
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, here is what I have found.  Second poster was correct.  If I press in 0017 or 0512, then the Last button does not work.  It does not like the 0 or the full four digit number to be used.  Last button will work find if you enter in 17 "ok" or 512 "ok". 

Last does not like the full four digit entry starting with a 0.

0 Likes
speedo123
Contributor - Level 1

@bstanfordb wrote:

Interesting, I signed up just now after hooking up my Verizon Fios for the first time to complain about an issue with the LAST button.

If you push the LAST button it goes to the channel you were most recently on.  So if you're on channel 2 and you push in 3-0 and go to channel 30, last will be between 2 and 30.  Now, if you press channel up from 30, it will be between 30 and 31.

That is NOW how LAST should work. (and if Verizon doesn't modify this I'll be going back to my regular cable company after my introductory price runs out.... yea, I'm *THAT* picky) 

Using the example from above, the LAST button should toggle between 31 and 2.  The channel up and down buttons should not effect the settings of the LAST, only when you enter in numbers manually. 

If anyone knows where I can more formally lodge this complaint, please let me know.  I'd like to keep the Fios but will definitely switch back if this isn't adressed.  

I'm not happy at all with the FIOS TV/DVR interface, but I don't think what you're saying is correct.  The LAST button works the same on my FIOS system as it did on my TiVo/DirecTV systems.  That is, it goes back to the LAST channel you were on.  Thus, if you were on 2 and go to 30, it will toggle between 2 and 30.  If you're on 30 an go to 31, it will toggle between 30 and 31 because 30 is now your LAST channel.  The way I get around this if 2 is the channel I want to toggle to and I'm on 30 is to go back to it and then enter 31.  Thus I can now toggle between 31 and 2 instead of 30 and two.

I don't know what cable company you had, but if it does it different than this, it's the odd man out offering rather than the norm.  Anyway, it sounds like a nice option, but I can see where it would cause some problems of it's own versus the way most others do it.  So, it's kind of: Pick your annoyance!

0 Likes