LG Magic Remote and Fios Cisco STB

LG Magic Remote and Fios Cisco STB

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor Bigbwash
Contributor
Message 11 of 15
(1,453 Views)

OLED sounds very nice.   It loooks good in store for sure.    Agree that Apple TV likely best operated using its remote.    If you decide to look at STB Control again am reasonably confident it will work—albeit with different mfg type.     It’s easy to test each manufacturer type using Device Connect app.    Enjoy the LG and good luck.  

Contributor JeffandJeff
Contributor
Message 12 of 15
(1,417 Views)

SUCCESS!!!!!

Thanks to your encouragement (and a night of boredom), I worked my way through each of the manufacturers, and ADB worked. 

...what ADB is and why it works with my Cisco box is a mystery, but I’m not questioning. Just happy to finally get my magic remote to be a little more magic. 

Contributor Bigbwash
Contributor
Message 13 of 15
(1,413 Views)

That’s great.    I think these new LGs have mucho capabilities.    It does take time to unearth the features.   Good luck and much enjoyment.  

Contributor michaelmcdowell
Contributor
Message 14 of 15
(1,358 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion for the ADB instead of Motorola. It worked for me as well!

Contributor StevenBG
Contributor
Message 15 of 15
(938 Views)

Thanks.  ABD worked for me too!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.