LG Magic Remote "Guide" button not working with FIOS set-top box
MikeKK1

The LG Magic Remote has a "Guide" button that is supposed to pull up the FIOS program listing guide just as if one pressed the Guide button on the FIOS remote. However, it doesn't and, instead, throws an error message that states "Unable to load channel information from the Set-Top Box due to a temporary issue. If the TV does not work even after turning it off and on, please reset up the Set-Top Box in Universal Control Settings." Of course, even after turning the TV off/on and doing the reset (multiple times), the Guide button does not work. The odd part is that the LG remote as a "three dot" button (...) that brings up a Set-Top Box menu that has a Guide option. If I navigate to that and select it, the FIOS program list IS displayed. So, the LG remote knows the codes to send to the Set-Top Box under that circumstance but not when the "Guide" button is used. Very odd.

A second issue is that the LG remote does not have an "Exit" button or any button I could find that functions like the Exit button on the FIOS remote. So, even when I do pull up the program listing, the only way to close it out is to select a program. There is no Exit button to press and close the program listing guide.

Anyone experience these issues and figure out a solution? It would be so very much appreciated. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: LG Magic Remote "Guide" button not working with FIOS set-top box
astro48
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try holding the button with the microphone on it,then say exit.

0 Likes
Re: LG Magic Remote "Guide" button not working with FIOS set-top box
0n3man

Saying exit worked but I'd still like to just push a button.  I did find that you can hit the yellow button to bring up apps and a second time to go back to viewing tv.  Seems at a minimum the exit button should be included in the list of extra keys that pop up when you select the ... button.

0 Likes