Lakers on Fox Sports West
uscharalph
Does anyone know why the Lakers are only broadcast on the Fox Sports West digital channel 76 in my area and not on Prime Ticket HD, channel 576 in my area?
Message Edited by uscharalph on 11-18-2008 07:26 PM
0 Likes
Re: Lakers on Fox Sports West
uscharalph
Actually the problem is with the channel guide.  Channel 576 doesn't list the Laker game.  It merely reads:  "Next sceduled game TBA."  This makes it hard to record the Laker games in HD.
Message Edited by uscharalph on 11-18-2008 07:42 PM
0 Likes
uscharalph
Anyone from Verizon listening?
0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

Hey uscharalph,

We are listening but do not know exactly which area you are in.  Channel 76 usually carries a regional sports network.  Could you PM either me or Kathleen with your location info so we can investigate further?

TS

0 Likes
GPGG1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Couple of items:

1)All of the Laker games will be in HD this season.  So if the games are on the SD channel, it will be on 576 even though the guide says otherwise.  The away games will also be in HD.  (Google Laker Games in HD for 2009)

2) As a suggestion, until there is a fix, to recorded the game in HD, go the HAD guide and hit the record button for each time segment that says "next scheduled game" to cover how much time you want to record. I did that on the last game and it worked. The only drawback is that the game will be broken into 2 or 3 segments of recording depending on the number of segments in each guide.  I hope this helps.

0 Likes
uscharalph

@TheSanchez wrote:

Hey uscharalph,

We are listening but do not know exactly which area you are in.  Channel 76 usually carries a regional sports network.  Could you PM either me or Kathleen with your location info so we can investigate further?

TS

I live in Signal Hill, CA 90755
0 Likes
uscharalph

@GPGG wrote:

Couple of items:

1)All of the Laker games will be in HD this season.  So if the games are on the SD channel, it will be on 576 even though the guide says otherwise.  The away games will also be in HD.  (Google Laker Games in HD for 2009)

2) As a suggestion, until there is a fix, to recorded the game in HD, go the HAD guide and hit the record button for each time segment that says "next scheduled game" to cover how much time you want to record. I did that on the last game and it worked. The only drawback is that the game will be broken into 2 or 3 segments of recording depending on the number of segments in each guide.  I hope this helps.

Thanks, but you would think it wouldn't be very difficult to record the Laker games in HD.  That doesn't allow me to record all the Laker games in HD (Subscription).
0 Likes
Nicole

I called Verizon about this guide inaccuracy earlier this year (during the 2007/2008 season) to file a complaint, but no improvement so far 😞

The Lakers home games are always aired on 576, but the guide doesn't indicate it. I do find it very annoying having to manually record every home game.... maybe I'll get a job as "series manager".... wonder how much Verizon will pay 😉

Anyway, I'm really, really hoping they can get this problem fixed in this decade, but I'm not too hopeful 😞 

0 Likes