Last channel only one available
IceZoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has happened on more than one occasion:

The last channel that was one before turning off the HD DVR STB is the only channel with picture and sound. All other channels are black screen with "currently unavailable" across the center. Even the channel that I am receiving has some video problems and the audio is a bit jumpy. I have unplugged the STB and went through the reset steps, along with the router. Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Last channel only one available
masher1
I am having that exact same problem as of this morning, on both of my HD DVR STB's.  I can access VOD without any problem.  I called Verizon and they said they needed to reset my STB, which they were unable to do.  So he said give it about 30 mins and call back if it hasn't resolved.  It's been 3 hours...
0 Likes
Re: Last channel only one available
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3
Re-seat all coax cable connections.  Not just, 'make sure they are snug'.  -Unscrew every coax cable end connection where it screws onto something, then immediately screw them back on snuggly.  If your connection is not the screw-on type, you must change it to be the screw-on type.  It can be necessary to do this all the way back to the splitter and to the ONT. And the coax cable to your router.  Also, if any of your cables have recently been 'bent', twisted, kinked, yanked, tripped-over, or stretched so that it MAY be possible that a continuous coax cable may have been compromised, change it to a new cable.  If you\someone else in your house have recenlty moved the furniture around, dusted behind the furniture, or done any remodeling in \ around your house, check all of your cables.  If Verizon could not reset your set top box when you called them, or if it took a very long time to do it, something is wrong in the communications line.  -This could include the screw-on connection for the coax at the back of the set top box, however, it is more likely to be someting in the cables.         The technology works.  The obvious point of failure is the connections.
0 Likes