Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Left side of LCD Screen Question

MikeT
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Left side of LCD Screen Question

Message 1 of 3
(4,610 Views)

Here is something that I am noticing after I switched to FIOS.  I have a two year old Sharp 45-inch LCD tv.  I have the HD DVR receiver box, connected with a HDMI cable.  While watching a HD channel in 1080 mode, on the left side of the screen from approximately 3/4-inch the image looks funny, sort of like looking at the bevel edge of a mirror.  This takes up the full length of the left side of the screen.  Anyone know what this could be?  It does not do it in 480 mode.  Next, I need to test it with component cables.  I do have two in-line filters that the tech installed (due to pixation, but I later discovered that it was a bad coax cable running from the wall to the cable box) to decrease the strength of the signal.  I will try removing them to see what happens. 

On another item.  As for component cables, when the FIOS tech set up the tv, I preferred to have the component cables connected but the colors were way off, so I went with the HDMI.  The component cables worked fine with the Cox cable that I had before.  The FIOS picture is exceptional with HDMI, heck the picture is exceptional on two of my 15 year old tv's with the STB boxes.

After typing this I guess that I should have done some trouble shooting before posting.

Thanks,

Mike T.

Northern VA

2 REPLIES 2
matcarl
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: Left side of LCD Screen Question

Message 2 of 3
(4,607 Views)
That will supposedly be fixed in the next upgrade due soon. It will go away with component or 720p or by adjusting your overscan.
MikeT
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Left side of LCD Screen Question

Message 3 of 3
(4,571 Views)

Thank you Matcarl.  I am glad that I am not the only one having this problem.

Mike T.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.