Left side of LCD Screen Question
MikeT
Contributor - Level 1

Here is something that I am noticing after I switched to FIOS.  I have a two year old Sharp 45-inch LCD tv.  I have the HD DVR receiver box, connected with a HDMI cable.  While watching a HD channel in 1080 mode, on the left side of the screen from approximately 3/4-inch the image looks funny, sort of like looking at the bevel edge of a mirror.  This takes up the full length of the left side of the screen.  Anyone know what this could be?  It does not do it in 480 mode.  Next, I need to test it with component cables.  I do have two in-line filters that the tech installed (due to pixation, but I later discovered that it was a bad coax cable running from the wall to the cable box) to decrease the strength of the signal.  I will try removing them to see what happens. 

On another item.  As for component cables, when the FIOS tech set up the tv, I preferred to have the component cables connected but the colors were way off, so I went with the HDMI.  The component cables worked fine with the Cox cable that I had before.  The FIOS picture is exceptional with HDMI, heck the picture is exceptional on two of my 15 year old tv's with the STB boxes.

After typing this I guess that I should have done some trouble shooting before posting.

Thanks,

Mike T.

Northern VA

0 Likes
Re: Left side of LCD Screen Question
matcarl
Master - Level 1
That will supposedly be fixed in the next upgrade due soon. It will go away with component or 720p or by adjusting your overscan.
0 Likes
Re: Left side of LCD Screen Question
MikeT
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you Matcarl.  I am glad that I am not the only one having this problem.

Mike T.

0 Likes