Lg TV and stb box without dvr
DrZee
Enthusiast - Level 1
my question is,when I change channels on my LG tv it takes about 4-5 seconds b4 the picture comes on,it only happens on this tv and not the other one which is a samsung with a stb and dvr any ideas if its the tv or the box not meshing? Thanks for any help
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lg TV and stb box without dvr
Justin46
Legend

I have a Sony TV, not LGB, but I saw that initially using an HDMI connection whenever I switched from an SD channel to an HD channel or vice versa. If that is where you are seeing the delay, it is caused by the re-sync the HDMI protocol requires when the resolution is changed (720p/1080i to 480x or back). You can fix this by changing the SD Override setting in the Menu to "OFF"', leaving it at any 480x setting will still require the re-sync.

Menu ==> Settings ==> Video Settings ==> SD Override == Off

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

DrZee
Enthusiast - Level 1

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend
It the LG connected via a HDMI or a component cable? May be characteristics of the TV when connect with HDMI, if HDMI cable is being used. You could try a component and see if it does the same.
0 Likes
Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1
Check your 4:3 settings inside the STB, if thet are set to 480p try setting them to 480i, off, or stretch, see if that helps. Some TV's take a while to switch modes.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I have a Sony TV, not LGB, but I saw that initially using an HDMI connection whenever I switched from an SD channel to an HD channel or vice versa. If that is where you are seeing the delay, it is caused by the re-sync the HDMI protocol requires when the resolution is changed (720p/1080i to 480x or back). You can fix this by changing the SD Override setting in the Menu to "OFF"', leaving it at any 480x setting will still require the re-sync.

Menu ==> Settings ==> Video Settings ==> SD Override == Off

Keller, TX 76248

DrZee
Enthusiast - Level 1
Justin,thanks for that great fix that was an annoying problem that is no longer one DRZEE
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

DrZee,

You are welcome, I guess that makes me about 1 for 100 to 200 or so lately Smiley Very Happy  

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes