Light blinking on Quantum TV box
Pdz7778
Enthusiast - Level 2
There is what looks like a lightning bolt on the left side of my Quantum TV media server DVR blinking. Can't seem to find info on it and it doesn't seem to be affecting anything. But it is annoying. Why would it be blinking?
0 Likes
Re: Light blinking on Quantum TV box
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Software download

The icons from the top right and going clockwise,  Message, Recording, Software Update, Home Network.

Check you software levels and see if the update from the 9/11 completed.  May need to shutdwon your DVR and restart it.

0 Likes
Journey30
Enthusiast - Level 2

We noticed the same thing and have re-booted more than once with no result. Sometimes the icon is solid, but most of the time it's flashing. The System Info shows Release 1.0b; Build Number 02.17.1; Middleware v 02.15. There is no flashing icon on our client, which shows Build Number 02.18.1.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is not the new level.  So its still trying to download it.

New version should show up as

Release : 1.0b

Build Version : 02.18.2

UI Version : 02.18.1

Middleware : 02.18

Journey30
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Make sure you have an Actiontec version "I" as the primary router and that your VMS/IPC's connect to it.  Check that your stb's show a good network connection.

There is a reset if you really want to try it.  But I would suggest waiting some more before trying it.  Some others are reporting delays in update and only some of the software component's updating.  So maybe will resolve itself soon.

1. Start pressing OK on the remote as you plug in the VMS.
2. Press 328 immediately after a single solid dash appears on the front panel.
3. The world "COLD" will be displayed on the front panel.
4. The box will boot, then the activation display will come up on the TV.
5. Follow the full activation process

I never tried it. Don't know if your existing data and recordings are safe if you do try it.

Journey30
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks! Since it hasn't affected functionality, I'll try the "wait-and-see" approach.

0 Likes