Light on Set top box always on
FIOS_USER5

On my new set top box the front light is always on even after I press the power off button on the remote. When this happens my TV will display the "press the menu button to watch tv indicator". Is there a way to get this light to turn off without unplugging the box?

0 Likes
Re: Light on Set top box always on
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model stb?

And what light? Do you mean clock display?

0 Likes
FIOS_USER5

My set top box is made by Arris. Its a small black box with one led light on the front left. This light is always on even if I press the power button on the remote. Doing this puts the box in standby mode. I guess there is no way to power off the box completely unless I unplug it.

0 Likes
Ed_11

Same Aris equipment and the same observation. Per the "lights" description the two modes are ready and standby for the left white light. The unit works fine but I wonder if the ready mode constantly on will result in an earlier burn out of the STB.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it's a 4100 series there is no way to turn off the light. You have low, medium and high options, but no off.

0 Likes
ZZ2525

How to you set the high, medium, low- I see no type of slide or switch to do so on box....  I cover the light on mine at night since the box is in my bedroom and it stands out like a beacon.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Somewhere in the menu there is an option for the intensity of the light. Might be under general settings, don't quite remember where, but it is a menu option, not a physical switch.

0 Likes