Switch Account

Light on Set top box always on

Light on Set top box always on

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 7
(2,635 Views)

On my new set top box the front light is always on even after I press the power off button on the remote. When this happens my TV will display the "press the menu button to watch tv indicator". Is there a way to get this light to turn off without unplugging the box?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 7
(2,560 Views)

What model stb?

And what light? Do you mean clock display?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 3 of 7
(2,520 Views)

My set top box is made by Arris. Its a small black box with one led light on the front left. This light is always on even if I press the power button on the remote. Doing this puts the box in standby mode. I guess there is no way to power off the box completely unless I unplug it.

Contributor
Contributor
Message 4 of 7
(1,508 Views)

Same Aris equipment and the same observation. Per the "lights" description the two modes are ready and standby for the left white light. The unit works fine but I wonder if the ready mode constantly on will result in an earlier burn out of the STB.

Highlighted
MVP MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7
(1,488 Views)

If it's a 4100 series there is no way to turn off the light. You have low, medium and high options, but no off.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 6 of 7
(681 Views)

How to you set the high, medium, low- I see no type of slide or switch to do so on box....  I cover the light on mine at night since the box is in my bedroom and it stands out like a beacon.

Highlighted
MVP MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7
(665 Views)

Somewhere in the menu there is an option for the intensity of the light. Might be under general settings, don't quite remember where, but it is a menu option, not a physical switch.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.