Switch Account

Light on Set top box always on

Light on Set top box always on

Contributor FIOS_USER5
Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(1,634 Views)

On my new set top box the front light is always on even after I press the power off button on the remote. When this happens my TV will display the "press the menu button to watch tv indicator". Is there a way to get this light to turn off without unplugging the box?

4 REPLIES 4
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 5
(1,567 Views)

What model stb?

And what light? Do you mean clock display?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor FIOS_USER5
Contributor
Message 3 of 5
(1,527 Views)

My set top box is made by Arris. Its a small black box with one led light on the front left. This light is always on even if I press the power button on the remote. Doing this puts the box in standby mode. I guess there is no way to power off the box completely unless I unplug it.

Contributor Ed_1
Contributor
Message 4 of 5
(515 Views)

Same Aris equipment and the same observation. Per the "lights" description the two modes are ready and standby for the left white light. The unit works fine but I wonder if the ready mode constantly on will result in an earlier burn out of the STB.

Silver Contributor III Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 5 of 5
(495 Views)

If it's a 4100 series there is no way to turn off the light. You have low, medium and high options, but no off.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.