Limitation of streaming HD from Multi-Room DVR
philsrock
Enthusiast - Level 2

If someone using an STB is watching a streamed HD recording from the multi-room dvr and someone else on another STB tries to watch another HD recording from the same DVR, the 2nd person gets an error message statting that only 1 HD recording can be streamed at one time (or something to that affect)

This is disappointing since I upgraded all of my STBs to HD boxes in preparation for 1.9.

I know that in other forums some people have said that they receive this message.  While others say that they don't have this restriction (they can stream more than 1 HD recording at a time with no issue).

I'm wondering 1)  why the restriction and 2) why does it work fine for some and not others - what is different between their setup/configuration that allows this?

0 Likes
Re: Limitation of streaming HD from Multi-Room DVR
prisaz
Legend

Do you have 1.9 yet? It has much to do with STB and or DVR hardware speed, and speed of the MOCA network between the STB and DVR hardware. Differences in hardware and software have much to do with the issue.

0 Likes
philsrock
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I have 1.9 (actually saw this issue before 1.9 and hoped that 1.9 would resolve it).

As for equipment, I have all of the newest STBs and DVRs.  My router however is the same router that I received when I first got FIOS (Mi424-WR).  

Any suggestions on any changes that could be made to my configuration (either new router or configuration settings)?

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

some people can stream two, but it is rare, it's not supported yet by Verizon more than one HD stream at a time.

0 Likes