In-Store or Curbside Pickup:
• Orders must be placed from 8 AM – 5 PM, Mon – Sat, and Sun before 2 PM (excluding holidays).
• We’ll email you when your order is ready for pickup. Your order will be held for 3 days from the time it's placed.
• Please bring photo ID and credit/debit card only if used as payment.
• In-Store Pickup is available across the U.S. at participating Verizon Wireless stores.
• Curbside Pickup available at select stores.
• Same-day delivery is available in select areas.
• If same-day delivery is available for your order, you’ll be able to choose that option at checkout.
I have a new Fios TV installation and there is an audio delay issue from the STB when Dolby Digital 5.1 (surround) Audio Format is selected.
Switching to LPCM (stereo) Audio Format fixing the issue but I did not sign for the TV service to hear the channels in stereo on my home theater setup and definitely not to watch them with annoying lip sync issues.
The delay happens in both HDMI and OPTICAL outputs from the STB.
Just to clarify, the audio stream is being sent with a delay and lagging the video stream, which means that the "Audio Delay" function that is common in the various devices can't help.
Please provide a solution and by solution I mean something serious and not the: "replug the power", "reconnect the cables", "try different cables", etc.
I do get the delay when going directly from Fios to TV or Soundbar via hdmi or optical. Once switched to Stereo the delay is gone.
Also, there are other devices connected to the same TV + Soundbar and there is no audio delay issue with them so it's pretty much clear that the delay happens during DD processing in the STB or even higher upstream.
Makes me wonder what audio format is reaching the STB from the ONT 🤔
02-10-2020 05:26 AM - edited 02-10-2020 05:27 AM
Supposedly with the latest firmware update there should be a passthrough option in the audio menu. That may do the trick. Problem is the new Fios One boxes convert every signal to DD5.1 regardless of source unless you choose PCM in the service menu. That was why I tried very hard to get the passthrough back in the menu. I have to agree that is the source of the delay in your case, especially if it happens direct to the tv.