Listings by Channel?
robog

I just switched to Verizon FIOS from Comcast. I have a question about the Guide. Is there an easy way to view the TV listings for one channel, and then use the arrow buttons to move through the channels. For example, I want to view all of today's programs for channel 511. I then want to view all of the programs for the next channel. I know you can select the Guide and select the right arrow to move through the time slots, but in this case I only want to see the listings for one channel on screen and not all of the surrounding channels. I have searched this forum and the internet, but haven't found an answer. I know you can use the search and enter a channel number to see today's programs, but it's not easy to scroll through the channels that way. I have the QIP6416-2 DVR.

Thanks,

Ron

0 Likes
Re: Listings by Channel?
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Search, as you mentioned, is really the only way, but it does take time. The only other way is with a view of 3 stations. Hit the down arrow while watching a station and you get that station plus the one on top and bottom, not exactly what you wanted, but that's about it I'm afraid.
0 Likes
robog

matcarl,

Thanks for the response. I was afraid that there is no way to do what I wanted, but I was hoping that I may have been missing something. I know you can do this on Comcast's Guide. Maybe this can be added. Do you know what the best means of making this request would be?

0 Likes
JasonGM
You can go into the guide, search, then type in a channel name. For example, type in CBS, and you will see it in the search results as CBS (Channel) and from there you go to the SD or HD version and pick a day.
0 Likes
robog

JasonGM,

That's the way I'm doing it. Unfortunatley, Comcast had an easy way of doing this. You would go to the Menu, and select listings by channel. You could enter the channel number, and it would give the listings for that channel. You could then just push the right arrow button to move through the channels. Using the Verizon search feature, you have to do a new search for each channel that you want to view.

Thanks for your reply!

0 Likes