Live audio out of sync
bkoopers
Enthusiast - Level 3

When watching live TV via my QIP-6416 P2 DVR, every hour or so, the audio becomes out of sync with the video and I have to change channels back and forth to correct it. Does this mean the box is defective and needs to be swapped out at the local Verizon FiOS store?

0 Likes
Re: Live audio out of sync
prisaz
Legend

@bkoopers wrote:

When watching live TV via my QIP-6416 P2 DVR, every hour or so, the audio becomes out of sync with the video and I have to change channels back and forth to correct it. Does this mean the box is defective and needs to be swapped out at the local Verizon FiOS store?

You would be much happier with the QIP-7xxx model box with the img 1.9. Not sure if it is a CPU speed issue or not. But the 7xxx does have a faster processor and will support the new full HD guide. There should be no charge for the QIP-7216, but if you want to upgrade to the QIP-7230-P2 with the 500gb storage, they are charging $40.

0 Likes
bkoopers
Enthusiast - Level 3

The QIP-6416 P2 is not connected to an HD TV so that is not a consideration. If I go to the Verizon FiOS store, will they give me a QIP-7216 or do they just give you whatever is in stock?

I have a QIP-7232 P2 DVR in another room used with an HD TV but the software is still at release 1.8. I have not heard when they will be pushing out the update to 1.9 (I am located in North Merrick).

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@bkoopers wrote:

The QIP-6416 P2 is not connected to an HD TV so that is not a consideration. If I go to the Verizon FiOS store, will they give me a QIP-7216 or do they just give you whatever is in stock?

I have a QIP-7232 P2 DVR in another room used with an HD TV but the software is still at release 1.8. I have not heard when they will be pushing out the update to 1.9 (I am located in North Merrick).

I don't know where North Merrick is located. But I know I had some issues with 1,8 and HDMI. I went to Component and sterero cables to make it go away. But I had the 6216 before. What hardware do you se it on? If you tell them you have issues with img 1.9 they should give you the 7216. Call them and ask if you can swap the 6216 for the 7216 regardless. Tell them with the 1.9 comming out you want to prevent the issues and be ready for the features before the release. See what they say. I had the 6216 last Dec with the 1.8 roll out and it was a bit slugish.

0 Likes
bkoopers
Enthusiast - Level 3

North Merrick is in Nassau County on Long Island Island east of New York City.

I am using the component video/audio (RCA plugs) output from the QIP-6416 P2 (not HDMI) and it has release 1.8.

Does the QIP-7216 have complete front panel controls and a channel number display so I can use it without the remote? I have multiple boxes in that room so I have to use the front panel controls only.

0 Likes