Local TV Service stopped working; Internet still works
comcast-not

First I have to say that the Philadelphia-area tech I spoke with at length about this issue was incredibly helpful and patient as we tried to resolve this, although not successfully. But he said that since I don't have an STB there was only so much he could see at his end other than to tell me that the combined Verizon signal at my OTN was good. All lights on the OTN are normal.

My internet service is fine, but my paid "Fios TV Local Service," which worked fine Saturday night 9/15, was completely gone on Sunday morning 9/16 and is still not working. The tech I spoke to and I did trouble-shooting on everything we could think of, even going so far as to connect just one TV with a short coaxial cable I know is good directly from the TV's cable input to the OTN's coaxial output, with no splitters at all, just to try to find some kind of TV signal. After letting the TV re-scan for channels there are still no channels found. So it appears that the TV signal is gone or so weak that the TV can't lock onto any channels.

My technical knowledge about this is limited but if I understand correctly, the internet and TV data are actually on different bandwidths but combined on the same fiber optic cable coming into the OTN  and then separated by the splitter Verizon installed when they installed the OTN several years ago. But as I said there is no TV signal even directly out of the OTN. So is it possible that the internet data is good but the TV data is currently down or at least very weak, and that the tech can’t see that because I don’t have an STB? If a paid for a Verizon tech to come out, would be able to diagnose and correct this? Is it possible something went bad in the OTN?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I can be patient and wait a few days for the TV service to magically reappear, but after that I will probably drop it and just use a rooftop antenna instead. Thank you for any help you can provide.

0 Likes
Re: Local TV Service stopped working; Internet still works
comcast-not

...Sorry, meant ONT, not OTN

0 Likes
Re: Local TV Service stopped working; Internet still works
JoyVA

Hi, have you fixed your local channel problems? I am having a similar issue. I am able to get some public channels but not the local channels. I am in Nothern VA area. 

0 Likes