Local market, select or change?
NewFiosLover271

Is it possible for one to change or select a local channel market provided by Verizon?

With Dish Network and DirecTV, you can "change" your address on each company’s computer and receive different channels in that particular local market. I know this because, I currently have a DishNet account with an address “changed”.

How does Fios work though? People at Verizon cannot or will not answer this question. (called them a few times) On one occasion, phone rep said, it all depends on how far your local office is located because they are the ones who pipe the channels to you. Is that correct or is it just based on the entire system's IP?

(Reason why I ask, Fios has a market that borders me. Compared to what is offered in my area, that market has alot larger ranger and has alot more local based channels that also include my own. Its not like, I will not be able to see what I would if I were to take what is available to my location. I would just be adding an entirely larger access of channels.)

Message Edited by NewFiosLover27 on 09-27-2008 08:25 PM
0 Likes
Re: Local market, select or change?
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2
Your local market will be the market carried through your serving central office. If it is not too inconvenient, you can move your house.:smileyhappy:
0 Likes
Re: Local market, select or change?
NewFiosLover271
Believe me, wish I could. With several major cities all around me, I feel left out to many things. TV and radio channels, events, etc. People only come to my area in the summer and leave in the winter. Then, I'm left all alone. lol
0 Likes