Loss of DVR audio after ff/rewind on non-HD TV
FIOSNEWBY
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is an odd situation.  I have 1 DVR box and 3 regular boxes.  DVR playback on my boxes attached to my 2 HDTV's works fine.  But on my 2 old SD TV's I lose DVR playback audio whenever I use "FF" or "Rewind".  To regain audio I have to stop playback, and start it back up again.  Very irritating.

Any ideas why only my standard def TV's have this problem?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Loss of DVR audio after ff/rewind on non-HD TV
FIOSNEWBY
Enthusiast - Level 2

I resolved the DVR audio playback problem on my SD TV's by changing the audio control from the TV to the STB, and using external stereo speakers.  No more audio cut outs after using ff or rewind.  I'm satisfied because I had an extra set of speakers.  But if I didn't, this would still be a problem.

Thanks for your concern. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

This is not standard operation. Rebooting your boxes will likely fix this. That is done by unplugging the power cord to the back of the back for 1 min then plug back in. If for some reason its still happening, please send me a private message so we can get more information from you.

0 Likes
Travis_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

Hey just verifiying resolution for this? I see you were working with Tony. If it's not resolved, please give us permission to send an intrusive command to your boxes, as this will likely resolve the issue. Thanks!

0 Likes
FIOSNEWBY
Enthusiast - Level 2

I resolved the DVR audio playback problem on my SD TV's by changing the audio control from the TV to the STB, and using external stereo speakers.  No more audio cut outs after using ff or rewind.  I'm satisfied because I had an extra set of speakers.  But if I didn't, this would still be a problem.

Thanks for your concern. 

0 Likes
MattE2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. I've swapped the box out and tried as many different settings as possible. It seems that the audio gets out of sync with the video, and the box freaks out. If you pause the show for about 3-5 sec, the sound comes back. I have to say, I had high expectations for FIOS, and I'm becoming more and more disappointed by the day. Little "glitches" like this are starting to really bug me. I''m not really sure how you can call this resolved since the customer basically had to band-aid the issue with his own speakers.

stacyz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't think I should have to purchase additional speakers to make this issue go away!  I have contacted

verizon support 4 different times regarding this issue.  I was told that that they were aware of this issue and

that it would be fixed with the next software update.  That was in February.   I am losing my patience with

this.  I don't even want to watch my recorded programs in my bedroom!!  It's SO annoying to have

to stop playing, then start play, etc. etc.  I wish they would address this problem and fix it!  I am seriously

considering closing my account-as much as I don't want to, but don't feel like I have any other options at

this point- I mean I contacted support on 4 different occasions and got nowhere.   

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

That also might be fixed by doing the following

There is a special setup menu that you can enter, that is NOT part of the regular set to box menu settings. To get there:

Power off the Set top box -> Select -> Menu.

On STB's with no select or menu buttons, on the remote press STB Power OFF -> OK -> Menu.

You will see a white screen and an all text menu called USER SETTINGS. Use the arrow keys to move around.

Scroll down to a line that says "ADDITIONAL HDMI SETTINGS" and hit a right arrow to get into the next level of the menu

There is a sound setting called AUDIO OUTPUT It says AUTO Scroll to it and change it to L-PCM.

Exit out of the menus, power the unit off and power it on again

0 Likes