Lost connection to Hub Error
MWNets78

I just received the IMG 1.6 update yesterday. While streaming DVR to my HD box, I reveive an error "Lost connection to Hub..." the program will then start from the beginning. Anyone else have this problem?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Lost connection to Hub Error
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Try pulling the power from the back of the STB and resetting it. This will sometimes fix some issues. If the problem remains then you will need Verizon to send a tech out to check the signals to the box.
0 Likes
SAVY

I too am having this problem with unable to locate Hub and going back to the beginning of program (what a pain).  Also have HD box.  Is there a solution yet?

0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2
I was having this issue so i called in.  The representative I spoke to was extremely Knowledgable.  He did some research, which took about 20min, and found the answer.  Apparently this is a known issue that has occured with the new IMG update.  He said that the IMG developers know about the problem but do not have a target date for a fix yet. 
0 Likes
gdi
One thing I just noticed; The lost hub error stopped when I stopped forwarding through commercials and other junk. We watched Tom Jones (no commercials) on the upstairs (satellite) unit and it played 2 1/2 hrs straight through, without a hitch. Not a perfect 'workaround', but better than that dropped hub fiasco we've had to put up with. Bill.
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Fast forwarding has nothing to do with it. It can happen any time. It happened to me 10 minutes into a show without doing anything. You were just lucky, it doesn't always happen.
0 Likes
MIB
Enthusiast - Level 3
Does it also happen to SD boxes?
0 Likes
vinnyv07
Contributor - Level 1
This problem has been talked about here in these forums for quite a while now. It is the worst when it does come up because you lose your place and have to start from the beginning of the program. It is taking forever to fix also. It only happens when you are watching a program in another room that has a hD receiver. STD receivers run without a hitch.
0 Likes
gdi

My  main DVR always works fine.However, I wrote earlier in this thread that "fast-forwarding" seemed to be associated with causing that 'lost hub' error message some of us get when trying to play the DVR on one of the remote TVs. I would hold to that opinion still. On my quite new FIOS setup (IMG 1.6, typical DVR/cable box eqmt, etc), fast forwarding the remote TV's recorded program ALWAYS will result in the 'lost hub' prob, usually within 5 or 10 minutes. If I instead, skip over commercials, unwanted segments, etc with the 'skip' button instead of fast forwarding, it NEVER fails to play the remotely viewed recording completely to the end. So now, with this workaround, I really don't care when img 1.7 comes out. Life's alot better. Bill

0 Likes