M or S Cards

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

M or S Cards

Message 1 of 6
(6,044 Views)

I'm planning on purchasing a second TiVoHD and I was wondering if M Cards are being mailed or can be picked up at a Verizon store?  I'm located in Irving in N. Texas.  In the past I heard that Verizon Support would schedule cards to be shipped, but later would discover that Verizon required a truck roll.

I've read a couple of posts lately that lead me to believe that maybe they really are shipping M or S cards now.

My current TiVoHD, now over a year old, has two S cards that have been working fine.  Is Verizon now supplying M cards in N. Texas and are they working without problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: M or S Cards

Message 2 of 6
(6,033 Views)
Cable cards are installed by a tech. I dont believe they send any out.
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 3 of 6
(6,022 Views)
As of right now, we only allow tech install of the cards and we will not deliever them.  You cannot find them at the store either.
Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Message 4 of 6
(5,989 Views)

M-CARDs are now available in the Dallas / Ft. Worth market, but as noted above, Verizon will not ship you one.

Verizon now charges a $79 for any "truck roll" that does not involve a problem.  That includes CableCard installations.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(5,915 Views)

I ordered one online. Was supposed to be mailed to me, but they called and a tech dropped one off.

Supposedly there is NO CHARGE if the tech doesn't install the thing.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Message 6 of 6
(5,892 Views)

@plagued wrote:

I ordered one online. Was supposed to be mailed to me, but they called and a tech dropped one off.

Supposedly there is NO CHARGE if the tech doesn't install the thing.

Most people have not had that option.  You were lucky.

Hopefully, in the future, what you've reported will be the norm.  Verizon does not "pair" CableCards to specific devices -- once they are activated, they work in any CableCard device -- so there is nothing stopping Verizon from pre-activating a card and dropping it in your mailbox.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.