[MRDVR Issue] Can't playback recording on another set-top box
mha

I'm trying to playback a recording from a DVR set up as the multi-room DVR to a set-top box in another room, and I can't. The option that displays instead of the shows on the multi-room DVR is "Subsribe to Multi-room DVR service." When I click this it loads up the stb in-home agent and says "You are already subscribed to this service."

I should probably mention that this other set-top box I'm trying to playback the MRDVR recording on is also an HD DVR.

I assume there is some issue with HD DVR's not allowed to play MRDVR recordings? If so that's dumb **bleep**. The HD DVR for all intents and purposes be considered a set-top box first and a DVR second.

It even says when you load up the MRDVR selection that "All shows recorded on the MRDVR can be played back from all set-top boxes in your home."

I hope I'm wrong and there's some firmware reset or something you can do to get the HD SET TOP BOX (DVR) to playback the other MRDVR's recordings. If not then this is major ignorance on Verizon's part.

The DVR has a tuner just like any other set-top box does it not? What is the dang reason that it can't playback recordings like all the other set-top box tuners can? Very poor implementatinon, even if it was some conflicting issues on the firmware side. It should have been addressed before the MRDVR feature was published.

I really hope the ignorance is on my part and there's something I'm missing in order to get the HD DVR to play another MRDVR's recordings?

Thanks for your time and any help you can give me.

0 Likes
Re: [MRDVR Issue] Can't playback recording on another set-top box
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@mha wrote:
I should probably mention that this other set-top box I'm trying to playback the MRDVR recording on is also an HD DVR.

Above is the problem.  FiOS does not currently support DVR to DVR streaming.  Only streaming to an HD non-DVR box or SD box (if recording was in SD - won't stream HD to an SD box).  Supposed to be coming in a "future update", but no specifics as to when.
Re: [MRDVR Issue] Can't playback recording on another set-top box
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@Keyboards wrote:

@mha wrote:

Above is the problem.  FiOS does not currently support DVR to DVR streaming.  Only streaming to an HD non-DVR box or SD box (if recording was in SD - won't stream HD to an SD box).  Supposed to be coming in a "future update", but no specifics as to when.

This is supposed to be done with the 1.9 update which we hopefully should see by 1st quarter of next year.  

0 Likes