MRDVR Troubleshooter States No DVR IS Present, From DVR.
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

I tried running the troubleshooter to see what it is and it claims I don't have a DVR or MRDVR, even though I am running it from our 7232 DVR.  Is this a common occurrence?

Also it seems if I am watching an HD show in another room (not the DVR) using a remote STB someone else in another room at the same time cannot watch a different recorded HD program on another STB.  Has it always been this way?  Are there any plans in the future to change this?  Kind of limits the ads FIOS runs about recording on the main box and everyone can watch on another at their leisure.  Bid error message on 2nd set only 1 HD show at a time.

0 Likes
Re: MRDVR Troubleshooter States No DVR IS Present, From DVR.
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

That is not standard operation and need more information to assist. I have sent you a private message so we can address this further.

0 Likes
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

The issue is still present, when I run the troubleshooter from the 7232 I get the message:

Multi Room DVR feature requires a DVR capable Set Top Box to be present.

Our records indicate that you currently do not have a DVR Set Top Box.

To order...........

0 Likes
LIGUA75

I to am recieving the below message on my 2 STB boxes:

Multi Room DVR feature requires a DVR capable Set Top Box to be present.

Our records indicate that you currently do not have a DVR Set Top Box.

I have the new Motorola DVR QIP 7232 P2 and the new Black STB.  Prior to this I had the old grey boxes with no issues whats so ever.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I had that exact issue and just got it fixed today! I don't know if this relates directly to any of you, but here is what happened:

1) I ordered the new 7232 on 4/6 to replace a 6416 I had had for a long time. I did not have multi-room service on the 6416.

2) The 7232 arrived on 4/7, I replaced the 6416 in my network, all ok.

3) On 4/8 l called and tried to get the multi-room feature now that I had a 7232. I went round and round with the agent, she was nice, but insisted I did not have a 7232, only the 6416. Yet MyVerizon showed I had both 7232 and 6416. Eventually she said she had activated multi-room (I suspect on the 6416, which is the only DVR she said I had).

4) Any time I went into the 7232 and tried to verify multi-room, I got exactly the error you guys describe. Finally decided to give up and wait until I had returned the 6416.

5) On 4/15 I shipped the 6416 back to Verizon.

6) Tracked the 6416 return via UPS, showed out for deliver for several days, no confirmation of delivery (still none).

7) Today I checked MyVerizon, the old 6416 had disappeared from my list of STBs (apparently returned successfully).

😎 Called Verizon today, talked to a nice lady (Tammy or Tammi in Tampa), she did not see the 6416 on my account, she requested activation of multi-room. She suggested turning off and on the DVR, said activation would be done "soon".

9) 15-20 minutes later, removed power to DVR and plugged it back in, went to 2500 STB, could magically see recorded programs, viewed an SD recording just fine, on both of my 2500s. So all is now well (and no idea if removing power did anything).

So, my experience is, if you are trading out DVRs, you need to wait until the old DVR is off your account, then call and request multi-room, and it works just great.

Now, eagerly waiting for 1.9 of the IMG so my wife can schedule and delete recordings from her end of the house Smiley Very Happy

Maybe this extra long story will help someone.

Keller, TX 76248

doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

I am a new customer, 1 month.  We have a 7232 and 3-7100s, nothing swapped or returned.  Filled out a form that was PM'ed to me and still nada.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@doropallo wrote:

I am a new customer, 1 month.  We have a 7232 and 3-7100s, nothing swapped or returned.  Filled out a form that was PM'ed to me and still nada.

Dave,

Ok, sorry. I was going based on the error message you posted, I saw that same message when I ran the troubleshooter. And it was apparently caused because I was not subscribed to the multi-room feature, even though I had ordered it (or at least thought I had). My bad.

But to go back to your posts, it sounds like multi-room was working, and then quit? Or is your issue not being able to use multiple HD streams? Or have I totally misunderstood (I am good at that sometimes....)? Smiley Happy

Keller, TX 76248

doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

I received a call from Verizon Tech support on this issue a few hours ago, apparently because the 7232 is such a new product they didn't realize that this seems to be an issue and that they are hoping clears up with IMG 1.9.  It isn't a problem, I just wanted to see what see what it was, and when I posted the error message I received the reply that it wasn't normal, nothing serious.  My MRDVR is working, and all the STBs can access it. 

0 Likes