MY KID GETS SCARED OF THE ON DEMAND PREVIEWS!!!!!!!!!!
brooklynjules
Can Verizon Fios please find another way to advertise their movies on demand to be viewed solely by adults who are seeking to purchase a movie?  I visit "On Demand" frequently for the PBS Sprout and Disney channel and since switching to Fios my toddler is so scared of what she'll see in the little screen on the left hand side while she waits for her show to start. Time Warner Cable did not have that...we just had a blank screen which is better than a trembling toddler!!!!!!!!!!!!  Find another way folks to advertise your previews!!!!!!!
0 Likes
Re: MY KID GETS SCARED OF THE ON DEMAND PREVIEWS!!!!!!!!!!
JeeperDon
As a 'you can do something now' stopgap, you could hit mute on the remote until you finish selecting.  No sound takes the bite out of the ads.
0 Likes
SQUIDWARD360
Enthusiast - Level 2
I don't think he was being serious.
0 Likes
chartle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well right now they are showing Quantine previews. 

I just saw the movie over the weekend and yes the previews are very scary :scared1:.

0 Likes
SQUIDWARD360
Enthusiast - Level 2
did you pee your pants?
0 Likes
JeeperDon

@SQUIDWARD360 wrote:
I don't think he was being serious.

Right on both.

0 Likes
MarcMA
Enthusiast - Level 1
I agree with this one 100%. What I'd really like is if the VOD menu worked more like the DVR, where you could browse the VOD listings while you continued to watch whatever you were watching. It would make the VOD experience a lot nicer when I'm looking for things other than new release movies.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

In parental controls I saw a promotional video lock.   That might help you out?

first time set up.

menu>settings>parental controls >enter a 4 digit code hit ok >confirm 4 digit code by re-entering the same numbers again and hit ok>scroll down to promotional video lock.hit right arrow > select on and hit ok.

see if that helps

0 Likes
jsmith

Teach your child the difference between reality and the acted out scarry stuff on movies. My Child has known this from the day she started watching movies. She has never been scarred because she understands they are not real. I would rather children be afraid of the normal wholesome looking individual. Who turns out to be a predator. Bottom line, We as parents are not only the people responsible for what are children watch. It is also are responsibilty to explain the difference between special effects or actors in a movie and real life. I understand the concern but that is an issue for you to handle. Not the cable company.

0 Likes
jsmith

And I do understand we are talking about the previews on demand. But it applies to everything our children view from racy sexual based comercials and ads. To video games and yes even previews. Our children will be exposed to things like this issue eveyday and we can't expect other people to take responsibilty.

0 Likes