Main box fails. No intenet. No TV
Flywolf1
It was working good this morning.
Now both are not working at all. Internet light is red on router, TV shows only 'starting up'. I check the main box in kitchen, MoCA - green, POTS - green light blinking, MGMT and MGWK - off, VId and FAIL -red, BTRY and PWR - green.

Any suggestion? I tried power off and on. Didn't work.
0 Likes
Re: Main box fails. No intenet. No TV
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You most likely have a problem with the "main box."  If phone service is out too, that definitely confirms the problem.  Regardless, you should call Verizon tech support.

Good luck.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

YOu could try rebooting the box.  But  give them a call.  Note for some such problems with boxes you don't even need to talk to someone as you can get their automatic repair to do some functions that fix ONT problems.

ps:  Suggest you use a cell or other phone to report problem, as even if phone service is currently working it may well go down while you are trying to repair problem.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@gs0b wrote:

You most likely have a problem with the "main box."  If phone service is out too, that definitely confirms the problem.  Regardless, you should call Verizon tech support.

Good luck.

Assume you mean the Opticial Network Terminal (ONT) when you osay "main box."  That's what it's called.  There is a reboot process at this link.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

The OP used the term "main box."  He also referenced the MGMT, MGWK, Vld and and FAIL lights.  I've never seen such lights on an ONT.

My best guess is he's in an apartment building slaved off of a MDU with a VDSL modem/router, however I'm not familiar with the lights on them.  Since it really doesn't matter weather he's on an ONT or VDSL modem for this issue, I didn't want to waste time with terminology.  Thus, I stuck with his "main box" title and left it in quotes.

Bottom line, the OP most likely needs to call Verizon to fix what is wrong with his service.

Thanks.

0 Likes