Make the features you advertise work!
20Hz1
Enthusiast - Level 3

For months I've been trying to get my DVR's accessible on the website (something which worked for months).

I've been told the new equipment is not supported in Firefox or Chrome. OK, it's supposed to be supported in Safari. Mine isn't. I've spent nearly 10 hours on the phone with technical support. They got it working for a day or two and then, nothing. The same is of course true trying to access using my smartphone. In short, unless I'm in front of the unit with the remote it's not possible to program the recorders - a giant leap BACKWARDS!

One of the promises of Fios with the personal video recorders was that one could access the programming and make selections, adjustments over the internet. A great feature particularly if you have more than one recorder. It used to work and I'm getting really tired of Tech Support telling me they've fixed the problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Make the features you advertise work!
cawall
Enthusiast - Level 3
I use my PC with Firefox, my iPad & Blackberry with no problems on any of them
0 Likes
Re: Make the features you advertise work!
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@20Hz wrote:

For months I've been trying to get my DVR's accessible on the website (something which worked for months).

I've been told the new equipment is not supported in Firefox or Chrome. OK, it's supposed to be supported in Safari. Mine isn't. I've spent nearly 10 hours on the phone with technical support. They got it working for a day or two and then, nothing. The same is of course true trying to access using my smartphone. In short, unless I'm in front of the unit with the remote it's not possible to program the recorders - a giant leap BACKWARDS!

One of the promises of Fios with the personal video recorders was that one could access the programming and make selections, adjustments over the internet. A great feature particularly if you have more than one recorder. It used to work and I'm getting really tired of Tech Support telling me they've fixed the problem.

0 Likes