Maximum amount of HD Boxes on 1 ONT
mabbatiello

Greetings Verizon FiOs Guru's...

Over the past couple of months i have upgraded 5 of my 6 set-top box's to HD box's... Today was 2 alone... Is there a limit of HD box's on one ONT?  Should I begin to worry about signal strength?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated...

Currently I am on the 20/20 tier...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Maximum amount of HD Boxes on 1 ONT
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@mabbatiello wrote:

Over the past couple of months i have upgraded 5 of my 6 set-top box's to HD box's... Today was 2 alone... Is there a limit of HD box's on one ONT?  Should I begin to worry about signal strength?

Your Internet speed has nothing to do with the number of boxes (HD or otherwise).  The limitation is a total of 8 MoCA devices (each QIP STB counts as 1 and the Actiontec also counts as 1 so the limit is 7 QIP series boxes).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@mabbatiello wrote:

Your Internet speed has nothing to do with the number of boxes (HD or otherwise).  The limitation is a total of 8 MoCA devices (each QIP STB counts as 1 and the Actiontec also counts as 1 so the limit is 7 QIP series boxes).

0 Likes
mabbatiello
thank you very much for the info!!
0 Likes