Media Magager supported video formats.
JerryCic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi all!

I have many videos. Most are picked up by the media manager and i ca view them on my TV. however some are not picked up. What i need is a non ambiguous list of supported vidoe formats, video codecs, audio codecs, video resolutions framrates, audio bitrates etc tha ARE supported. All i have been able to find is the incomplete help in the manager help menu.

For Example, this one:

AVI, 1109 bitrate, Codec=FMP4, 720x480, Frame rate: 29.97 progressive scan.

Audio bitrate=96, sample rate=48000

Does not work.

I can re-encode it but i need to know the what to encode it to.

I dont want to hunt and  peck until i get one that works.

I want to know what is on the list so i can choose wisely.

This one works:

AVI,1187,Codec XVID,576x432 FR=25fps interlaced scan.

Audio codec=MPEG bitrate:60.2 sample rate 48000

It takes too long to re-encode as an experiment So it would be nice to have the Media Manager Audio and video requirements.

Does anyone out there know?

One video had an audio bitrate of 192 and it did not work, i re-encoded it to 96 and it worked. I need a document.

Any help tho would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jerry

Re: Media Magager supported video formats.
Eric_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Please follow this link http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/fiostv/guide/enhanced+tv/questionsone/124966.htm and you can see the list of supported formats and codec’s.  ThankYou for choosing Verizon. 

Eric_VZ

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
hstorey2191

I am looking for the samething. the link does not give you the details of the codecs

0 Likes
romarob

Is there any way to determine what format/codec would look the best when played by media manager?  I can convert my DVD quality videos to any format and codec, but not sure which of the ones listed on the link page would look and work best.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes