Media Manager? Any News?
DebtFreeGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im part of the "Cant watch any video's and have done all listed here already" group. Has anybody came across anything? Can view all on the DVR thru media manager but when i select a video to watch, i get the , "Can not play your video at this time, try again later" So im still seeking a solution. Seems like a great idea if i can get it to work, but if not, bye bye she goes....

Thanks in advance for a fix.......

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Media Manager? Any News?
DebtFreeGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay,

After being frustrated like a few others here with the "can not play video at this time" error. I decided today to give it another go. I had deleted the media manager software a few days back. Re-installed it today and for what ever reason, it worked great. Watched movies in the living room all afternoon. So far no problems. Things that may have affected it? but, I removed some software i had not been using for a while, did a defrag. Did a clean download of media manager from the verizon site and installed. Now, whether its going to work tomorrow? But for now it seems to be okay. I have only tried .avi files but will try other files tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks all,

Ed

View solution in original post

0 Likes
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1

http://www.verizon.com/mediamanager/faqs or

Have you tried Video Component Check

under Help click  Video Component Check.  Try running this check and let me know if this helps

Once Video Component Check has been initiated Live Update will be launched and download/registration of 3ivx components will begin.  This will allow for videos to playback on the STB without timing out

If neither are successful feel free to private message me your account tele# and I can have a look at the account and run diagnostics on your equipment.  Include the set top box serial # as well. Thanks

FWPIII

I'm also part of the group who cannot get media manager to play videos, and this has been the same problem since they released earlier this year. I am beyond frustrated with this issue.

Has anyone inlcuding tech support ver gotten this to work?

0 Likes
DebtFreeGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay,

After being frustrated like a few others here with the "can not play video at this time" error. I decided today to give it another go. I had deleted the media manager software a few days back. Re-installed it today and for what ever reason, it worked great. Watched movies in the living room all afternoon. So far no problems. Things that may have affected it? but, I removed some software i had not been using for a while, did a defrag. Did a clean download of media manager from the verizon site and installed. Now, whether its going to work tomorrow? But for now it seems to be okay. I have only tried .avi files but will try other files tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks all,

Ed

0 Likes
bk0428

I had the same issue and found that going into the Control Panel, Add/Remove the current Media Manager software and the reload a new copy. This worked for me and it may for you as well. Good luck

Media Manager Link

0 Likes
DebtFreeGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ah, Like i said in message #4..........................Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes
DebtFreeGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

@DebtFreeGuy wrote:

Okay,

Thanks all,

Ed

So far day 2 and working good!

0 Likes