Re: Media Manager for Mac - issues already
WillNeub

I too am having an issue with Media Manager and my Mac.book  I'm running 10.5.8 and when I attempt to play a song the DVR locks up. The screen is frozen in the selection menu (where it says "press OK to play"). The DVR will not recognize any inputs from the remote control or the buttons on the front and must be rebooted by removing the power supply.   I have read many forums complaining of the same issue for several months.  Is there any plans to address this issue?   I think this is a great product and has an easy install, but all that isn't worth much if the application freezes up.

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager for Mac - issues already
WillNeub

I was just noticing that there hasn't been a reply by Verizon on this thread since the beginning of October.  And none related to the MAC version of the Media Manager.

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager Audio Playback Issues
nnjjoe50

Feeling neglected? does verizon ever respond or do anything about any of the questions and/or suggestions on the forums?

i just tried media manager after having it for months and not using it. i have other media players in other places that i use. maybe i tried it when i first got fios. so, i'm pretty disappointed with the MM interface, at least for playing music. i have 100s of CDs digitized on my music server and its incredibly cumbersome to find and play music using MM because of the lack of search/sort capabilities. it seems similar to the DLink player i bought years ago, including that the tracks on an album come up in alphabetic sort instead of album order (anybody notice that?). didn't anybody at verizon notice that and think it might be a crappy interface?

funny how at least microsoft got it right with the media center interface. how much trouble would it be for verizon to get the same kind of interface? maybe they should make the MM software opensource so that some of their users can make a better product?

anybody at verizon listening? can you hear me now?

and for my fellow MM users, does your MM work the same, and have you found any fixes/workarounds?

thanks,

joe

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@nnjjoe50 wrote:

Feeling neglected? does verizon ever respond or do anything about any of the questions and/or suggestions on the forums?

I see you just registered today and this was your first post so maybe you have missed something important about these forums:

"These Forums are a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. If you need an answer from Verizon directly please Contact Us"

This quote is from the top of the page for this forum. And I believe this statement now appears at the top of the page for every forum.

Yes, sometimes Verizon employees do respond to questions or comments here, they have been very helpful in the past. But they do not respond to every thread.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
kpsoundadvice

I too am having the same problems with mac media manager.  I can watch photos, but everytime i try to play a music file, the dvr crashes. I am running all of the latest software in itunes, the media manager, my OS is 10.5.8, powerbook G4.  Any thoughts?

0 Likes
queen427

I can't believe the Verizon person responded and didn't add anything useful to the thread.  I understand what you're saying but do you have any workarounds for this issue? 

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager No Sound
queen427

Can anyone from Verizon comment or anyone at all on the ETA for Media Manager to support Vista 64 bit?  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
mcxnarf

This problem has apparnetly been going on for quite sometime now!  Why hasn't Verizon addressed this problem? My photos play fine, my videos play fine. The one thing that I do want is for my AUDIO playlists to play on my TV. I can set my music playlists on media manger on my computer ( VISTA). When I go to play the music files on the TV they appear and are playing, however no SOUND. I am a new subscriber to Verizon FIOS as of November 2009. Very happy with the quality of television! Can someone assist me, with this problem that apparently everyone has?  Hey Verizon are you there?

0 Likes
pizzaparty

Simple 3-Step Fix to get you up and running:

1. Remove the HDMI cable from your STB. Plug in a Blue, Green, Red, Component Video Cable in to the back of your STB, then Plug in a Red, White Audio Cable into the back of your STB.

2. Remove the HDMI Cable from your TV. Plug in the other ends of the Blue, Green, Red, Component Video Cables connected to your STB into your TV, do the same with the other end of thes Red, White Audio Cables.

3. Change the Video Input Source on your TV till you see the video feed from the STB

Fire up Media Manager from the STB, Select your song/playlist, hit play.

Enjoy listing to your music.

0 Likes
VERIZON MEDIA MANAGER
gscholze

IN verizon media manager it prompts and asks if you would like to import play lists and songs from ITUNES.  Why would it even give you that option if it will not do it in the correct format ?  No songs at all from itunes will play in Verizon Media Manager.

GEEZ!

0 Likes