Re: Media Manager Audio Playback Issues
Maus

@pizzaparty wrote:

Simple 3-Step Fix to get you up and running:

1. Remove the HDMI cable from your STB. Plug in a Blue, Green, Red, Component Video Cable in to the back of your STB, then Plug in a Red, White Audio Cable into the back of your STB.

2. Remove the HDMI Cable from your TV. Plug in the other ends of the Blue, Green, Red, Component Video Cables connected to your STB into your TV, do the same with the other end of thes Red, White Audio Cables.

3. Change the Video Input Source on your TV till you see the video feed from the STB

Fire up Media Manager from the STB, Select your song/playlist, hit play.

Enjoy listing to your music.

Alas, that suggestion does not solve the problem with the current OS X version of Media Manager.  My system has always been interconnected via component video and RCA audio cables.  Never used HDMI.  Attempting to play music locks up the STB, requiring a hard reset (unplugging the STB.)

0 Likes
Media Manager Music not working
BenS

When media manager first became available I installed it.  It worked fine.  2 weeks ago my pc crashed and I had to re-install all my programs.  Now I cannot play any music.  I am using itunes.  Itunes works fine.  MM shows a list of all my music but it will not play on my pc or tv.  I did notice that most of the music files are in M4a format. (not sure what that is).  The few music files that are mp3 files do work.    I have settings set to default and it shows M4a is supported.  Is there anything i can do to fix this before I call support.  PLEASE NOTE: I know little or nothing about computers.   Thanks for your help.

0 Likes