Re: Media Manager Plays Albums out of Order
jakehale1

be happy your music is working... 🙂   Allot of folks are just having trouble with that part...

Did your music just "work" or did you have to set something up to make it start working?

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager Plays Albums out of Order
Funkybrunk
It just started working last night. I think it may be that I rebuilt the MM database and I set up FFmpeg to exclude MM.
0 Likes
Re: Media Manager and MP3
Justin46
Legend

Jake,

I downloaded the media manager yesterday, and just now when I went to try an mp3 it said there was a new version available, so I downloaded and installed it. You might want to check and see if (again) there is a new version and if so if it makes any difference.

I have a few mp3 tracks on my pc and I was able to successfully play them. So at least for me it seems to work. I am using Windows XP, not Vista, with the Verizon Actiontec router, and the DVR is connected to the TV with an HDMI cable (what I would call a "basic" setup).

Apparently it does work sometimes.... Smiley Very Happy

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Media Manager only plays songs for 15 seconds
DJHA90
Everything seems to be working from my tv with the exception that media manager only plays songs for about 15 seconds.  Anyone else having similar issues?
0 Likes
jakehale1

well, I did do another upgrade check and there was a newer one.  i did the upgrade from MM ,,, still had the same problem.  So i just downloaded the new verison, uninstalled the version i had running, rebooted, then installed the newer version that i just downloaded. 

Now i have:

Picture show works great

Video (even though im not to concerned about it) come's up, shows it's playing, but i dont see anything

MP3's, i dont get squat now.....click a song and get no change at all on the screen.  I did notice though that on the STB that it flashes 21 and then what looks like the top part of an 8,,  so something like 21 0  21 0 21 0,  but its not a zero it just the top part of what would be an 8.  On the screen, nothing happens, its like my remote is not selecting anything and then it is frozen when the 21 0 starts flashing.

Any more ideal's for me?

thanks again folks

Jake

0 Likes
DJHA90
I am having the same issue now.  Everything works fione to the point when I click to play the song.....  Nothing happens.  It doesnt lock up or anything...  but nothing freaking happens...    Pictures and Videos ok.
0 Likes
jakehale1

Yep, out of the blue last night the sample video (tokyo something or the other) started working, but no other AVI's i have will.   Still having the same issue with the MP3.  I'm at a loss as to what it could be.

I could care less about anything other than the MP3's.....again let me say... I am not going to leave verizon because of this, but it would be nice if it worked.

Jake

0 Likes
MEDIA MANAGER LOCKS UP DVR WITH MP3
clickitysplit

MEDIA MANAGER plays pictures just fine, but the DVR menu screen locks up when attempting to play MP3 files.  Power cycling the DVR is the only way to correct it.  The DVR front panel alternately flashes a number (I saw 66) with a symbol (° )  for a little while, then reverts to the TV channel it's on.  The TV channel video and audio play continuously throughout.  The DVR model is MOT QIP72161.

I have the latest edition of MEDIA MANAGER (9.2.72) running on 2 different XP SP3 machines.  Neither machine runs a firewall, Windows or otherwise.    I have Norton AntiVirus running with Advanced Protection and Intrusion Protection temporarily turned off.

One PC is a 3.0GHz Dual Core with 4GB RAM, and the other is a 2.13GHZ Core 2 Duo with 4GB RAM -- all 32 bit.  Tried running MEDIA MANAGER over an MP3 library that's local to the 3.0GHz machine, and on the other machine tried running a different MP3 library on a NAS box from a mapped drive.

My MP3 files have no DRM and are mostly 320kbps.  I have some at lower bit rates, but it doesn't matter.  None play.

All network nodes are on the same subnet 192.168.1.XXX.  The only deviation from the default router setting is port forward FTP to one particular node.

This is my router:

Software Version: 1.02.00.04 Release Date: Aug 28 2008 Platform: Westell UltraLine Series3 Model Number: A90-9100EM15-10 INI File Name: 096-900205-02 INI File Version: A Hardware Version: B Hardware Serial Number: 08AK10101214

Is there anything else I can try? 

I really want to stop pulling the power on these DVRs.  I can't help but think it accelerates their demise.  It definitely ruined a show I happened to be recording while I was playing with MM.

0 Likes
Re: MEDIA MANAGER LOCKS UP DVR WITH MP3 -- SOLVED
clickitysplit

I just turned of the UPnP media server I had running on my NAS, and it WORKED!!!  Must have caused some sort of conflict.

0 Likes
Re: MEDIA MANAGER LOCKS UP DVR WITH MP3 -- SOLVED
Swirly
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, clickitysplit. I installed Media Manager on my PC on Sunday. I ran the program on my DVR STB, and had no problems accessing the pictures. I had no problems accessing the Internet content, although it runs very slowly. However, when I went to play the music files, the program froze on the STB. No songs were played, and I was unable to close the screen to return to regular TV. I had to refresh the STB by unplugging the cord.

Can you be a bit more specific with the solution? How do I go about turning off the UPnP media server? I'm running Win Vista on my desktop. Thanks very much!

0 Likes