Media Manager Audio Playback Issues

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: MEDIA MANAGER LOCKS UP DVR WITH MP3 -- SOLVED

Message 31 of 62
(9,403 Views)

Hi Swirly,

I still run XP, and the UPnP server I was referring to was actually running on my D-Link DNS-321 NAS (Network Attached Storage) device.  My music library is physically located on the NAS, and the NAS drives are mapped in XP (in my case as X: and Y:).

I had to use simple elimination until, eventually, I switched off UPnP on the NAS, and then everything worked.

Not sure if Vista comes with any sort of UPnP media server package that might be enabled, or if you're running one you downloaded, or if "Discovery," which is enabled by default in Vista, monitors your network in a way that interferes with the DVR.  Here's a link that shows how to enable it from which you can figure out how to disable it:  http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/02/12/turn-on-and-enable-upnp-or-network-discovery-in-windows-vista/

I've run the FONZ FUN_PLUG on my NAS enabling access to its internal Linux-based OS.  It's my hope that Verizon will release a Linux version of VMM so I can move it to the NAS and stream to the DVR with my PC switched off!!!   Much less electricity that way.  The other alternative is to pony up for a D-Link DSM-520 wireless player, which will take the UPnP stream from the 321 and feed it directly into my AV receiver, thus bypassing Media Manager altogether.  But, those things are a couple hundred bucks.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Media Manager streaming music problem

Message 8 of 62
(9,215 Views)

I would love to stream my music collection but every time I try the dvr box locks up solid.  I have a large music collection (over 10k) songs and I think that may be the problem.

I noticed in this new software it gave the option to import from iTunes.  Do you think this would help?  How is this different from just having the Media Manager do this?

Is anyone else having problems?

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Media Manager streaming music problem

Message 10 of 62
(9,167 Views)
Does anyone stream music from Media Manager?
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Computer locks up using media manager

Message 5 of 62
(9,198 Views)
I've been toying with media manager during the 90 day trial period.  Photos seem to run without a problem, but when I send music files my computer will lock up.  This can happen anytime between the first song played, and almost surely by the 10th to 15th song. After this comes the lengthy process of a hard boot. Very frustrating.  I converted all of my music files from 320kbps to 192kbps thinking that the lower bit rate might correct the problem, but the only difference I can see or hear is in the quality of the sound.  The lock up still occurs.   I like the potential of the media player and would surely sign up for it if I can get past this glitch.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Computer locks up using media manager

Message 6 of 62
(9,164 Views)
Quite a coincidence that I posted my issue yesterday and today the new upgraded version comes out.  So far I have no more lockups with the newer issue of media manager, only an occasional hiccup while playing a song.  It seems like a big improvement so far.  I hope this holds up and is not that I have been "lucky" so far today.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Media Manager

Message 32 of 62
(9,080 Views)

Ok so last time on I was trying to get Media Manager to play mpeg files on the TV and it kept timing out and and displaying the error operation timed out try again.

Well I converted one of the MPEG files to WMV format and guess what it plays on the TV. However no audio. So now I'm trying to figure out if it is the converter (I downloaded for free from NCH Software) or the Media Manager itself. Oddly/not so oddly enough the video plays just like the sample WMV video that is in Media Manager "not all that great jittery/jumpy" but viewable.

If any of this is helpful or anyone has any ideas? robotsurprised:

Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Media Manager Audio Playback Issues

Message 34 of 62
(8,755 Views)

The following steps should be used as a guide to resolve errors that may occur while using Verizon’s Media Manager to play audio files. 

1. In Media Manager, verify that critical dependencies are met by clicking on Help>Dependency Checker Wizard. 
  2. Verify that you can play the sample file on both your PC and your TV.
  3. If you can play the sample file, but not your own, verify that you are playing a supported file type. 

If all of the above steps have been taken and you still experience video playback issues, please post here of contact Verizon Technical Support at (888) 553-1555.

Brian K
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Music Audio Playback on TV with Media Manager

Message 35 of 62
(8,701 Views)

I am able to view pictures however when music is selected no sound is heard through the TV.  Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Music Audio Playback on TV with Media Manager

Message 36 of 62
(8,680 Views)

did you try the default audio files first, you might need to reset the router with the red reset button if the default files do not play, also try unplugging the box and plugging it back in.  If the default audio files work, then you might need to remake that sweet mp3 you are trying to play. 

Also check out a couple of on demand features in the free section to make sure the box is getting good signal from the router for the media manager.

If on demand works and you are able to see pictures you might want to stop any security software you are running.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: Music Audio Playback on TV with Media Manager

Message 37 of 62
(8,689 Views)

unless there is an error message accompanied with the issue... hard to say

here are some basics

reboot the PC, reboot the DVR, reboot and/or reset the router.... uninstall/re-install the media manager software

try again

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Robertson - Lighter Klepto - I steal lighters, not bandwith
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.