Switch Account

Media Manager Audio Playback Issues

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Music Audio Playback on TV with Media Manager

Message 38 of 62
(6,212 Views)

I am having the same issue. I am to get Video's to play both sound and Video.  However the audio files show that they are playing but no sound.  Any idea's?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Media Manager No Sound

Message 1 of 62
(7,012 Views)
I am able to view photos on my TV through Media Manager but whenever I attempt to play any music files (including the sample files), the tv  screen shows a progress bar for the music file but no sound is played.  Anyone else encounter this problem?
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Media Manager No Sound

Message 2 of 62
(6,979 Views)

Hello Randyfoss,

What operating system are you running on the pc that you have media manager installed?

Jim
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solutions Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 62
(6,974 Views)

Similar behavior, although I don't see a progress bar.  I see the song name and album artwork, but that's it.  No sound.  "Exit" or "Stop" will eventually back me out.  I un-installed and re-installed and it worked immediately after.  Next time I tried to play any music, I was back at the same behavior (not working).  I am experiencing the same behavior on XP and Vista.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 62
(6,962 Views)
Windows XP
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 7 of 62
(6,890 Views)
Installed new media manager this morning on x64 Win7 RC, video/pic showed, but when I tried the sample music, it locked up my FIOS DVR.   I had to power it off completely to get it back.
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 9 of 62
(6,813 Views)

Same here...it finds my server just fine, I can browse files and display pictures but cannot play music.

The progress bar goes, but no sound.

Videos won't play at all either.  It says timed out.

I have no firewall.

My server is Vista x64 ultimate connected to a gigabit ethernet switch, which is connected to the verizon Actiontek router.

I can ping the STB fine, and I can do netstat -a and see that the STB connects to me fine on port 18001.

Any ideas?

I run ORB 2.0 on the same box, which can stream my media over the internet and to my cell phone.

Never had any problems with ORB.  I wish ORB could stream to the STB so we wouldn't have to use this crappy (no offence) media manager program.

Edit:
 Almost positive this is a codec problem.  I can see that media manager attempts to open ffdshow then it closes right away.
If ffdshow is screwing it up then oh well, I guess I can't use media manager because I rely on ORB to use ffdshow.
 What a shame.
Message Edited by surgey on 07-21-2009 08:39 PM
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 16 of 62
(6,671 Views)

Dito on the same problem, photo's-slideshows function but no audio for mp3 music files. I an able to select songs and the progression bar appears and moves as though the song is playing but no audio. (XP, wired network, HDMI from DVR to AVR to Plasma screen).

Video has not been tried-tested.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 39 of 62
(6,175 Views)

Was this issue ever solved? I am having the same problem. Just installed media manager on my laptop with Win XP pro. No firewall. I tried to play a song and it see the song, the progress bar but no sound at all.

At one point i had to unplug the DVR since it froze on me.

Anyone called the tech support?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 40 of 62
(6,170 Views)

Just to clarify my previous post. I was trying to play the songs which were on my laptop onto the TV.  see the song name, progress bar but no sound.

Any help much appreciated.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.