Media Manager Installation Issues
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2

Hello.  Ok, so for anyone that is still having trouble installing Media Manager, here are the initial t/s steps.  Be advised that individual registry errors or software conflicts may not be addressed with these steps.  If that is the case, post specifics in the thread.  TY.

The following steps should be used as a guide to resolve errors that may occur during the installation of Verizon’s Media Manager. 

1. Uninstall Media Manager
  2. Temporarily disable firewall protections
  3. Go to the installation website:  http://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/UnProtected/MediaManager.aspx
  4. Verify that your PC meets minimum requirements
  5. Install Media Manager
  6. If you receive an error message, “THE WIZARD WAS INTERRUPTED BEFORE VERIZON MEDIA MANGAER COULD BE COMPLETELY INSTALLED”, open a Run prompt and type: “Regsvr32 VBScript.dll” (leave out quotation marks).  Click “OK”.

If all of the above steps have been taken, and you still experience installation errors, please post here or contact Verizon Technical Support at (888) 553-1555. 

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager and HP MediaSmart home server
bkloda

I just installed Media Manager on my Home Server last night.  I connected via RDC like you did, and at first it wouldn't let me run the .exe file from my Software directory.  I copied the .exe to the desktop, and it worked from there.

Photos and music seem to play nicely, but video is terrible, like watching YouTube over a 56k modem connection.  Any ideas on how to improve video playback?  I don't know how the Media Manager software works, so I don't know if the problem is with the server being overloaded or with the set-top box.

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager Installation Issues
Blue_eyes

I am running Mac OS 10.6. I installed Media Manager and it worked. I then created a slide show in iPhoto to add and now Media Manager crashes immediately upon opening. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times with no luck. I went to Verizon online chat and was told straight out by the agent that there is nothing that he could do or recommend, that the Media Manager software is what is! In other words, he was telling me that there is no support offered for this software. Ridiculous to offer something and when it doesn't work just say, "Oh, well...."

0 Likes
gcutrell

I've had a similar experience with OS X 10.6 and the Verizon Media Manager.   On my original download, everything worked fine and I could select various events and photo albums from iPhoto and even some playlists from iTunes to see and listen to via the media manager on our DVR.  Then for some inexplicable reason, it crashes immediately upon start.  The only thing I could attribute it to was adding lots of new iTunes playlist folders and playlists.  I too removed it and re-installed without any change.  

0 Likes
Elvin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same exact issue here.  as the two right above.  Crashes as soon as it launches.  iMac with 10.6.2

One thing I did notice as the system requirements for the Mac version of Media Manager only goes up to Leopard releases.  Perhaps snow leopard is not supported

0 Likes
blakfish

I'm having the same problems as the other OS X SL (10.6) users. VMM crashes on my MBP as soon as it opens. I did have it running but then came a Security update from Apple.

0 Likes
Blue_eyes

Two things since my last posting:

1. I am running Snow Leopard not just Leopard. That certainly might make a difference about the crashes.

2. I have noticed that no one from Verizon has bothered to respond to our postings which makes me wonder if they care about customers' concerns. If there is a problem, admit it, post it, tell us that you are working on it and will alert us when the problem is fixed and ready for "prime time." Otherwise, Verizon, you don't look so good.

0 Likes
Skipeye

I, too, am having the very same issues as the other people who have made a posting.  I, too, contacted Verizon support and they provided ZERO help.  The tech with whom I spoke said he had not heard of the problem where Mac users running Snow Leopard where the MM originally worked and then just stopped working.  Every time I boot my computer and it tries launching MM...then crash goes the program.

From what I read from the others, it looks as if the best course of action is to just uninstall Verizon Media Manager and wait until they re-issue an "updated and improved" program for our computers. 

The idea was good but I don't think that they (the company) fully understood the ramifications.

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager for Mac Installation Issues
link
Enthusiast - Level 1

Spoke with Verizon Fios Support.  They had nothing to offer not even a tech support email address to send a copy of the error report.   Best they could suggest was to post the error report here.   They say no more than 20,000 characters so only the actual crash thread is below.

Appears it is in Thread 10 when it gets a kernel protections error as it attempts to access the iphoto library.  

Sorry about the long post. 

Process:         Verizon Media Manager [1193]

Path:            /Applications/Verizon Media Manager.app/Contents/MacOS/Verizon Media Manager

Identifier:      com.verizon.mediamanager

Version:         9.1.26 (9.1.26)

Code Type:       X86 (Native)

Parent Process:  launchd [165]

Interval Since Last Report:          1381 sec

Crashes Since Last Report:           6

Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  29 sec

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   6

Date/Time:       2009-12-11 11:50:35.610 -0500

OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L30)

Report Version:  6

Anonymous UUID:  

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)

Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000

Crashed Thread:  10

Thread 9:

0   libSystem.B.dylib                         0x931fe6fa select$DARWIN_EXTSN + 10

1   libSystem.B.dylib                         0x931e0155 _pthread_start + 321

2   libSystem.B.dylib                         0x931e0012 thread_start + 34

Thread 10 Crashed:

0   libstdc++.6.dylib                         0x9608aa2f __dynamic_cast + 59

1   ...ple.carbonframeworktemplate            0x000aea98 CVZFiosMMDeviceParser::GetIPHOTOTrackIDAndDTPFileInfo(xmlpp::Node const*) + 1156

2   ...ple.carbonframeworktemplate            0x000b6732 CVZFiosMMDeviceParser::ReadIPHOTOSlidshowFromXMLFile(std::vector<tagFIOSALBUM*, std::allocator<tagFIOSALBUM*> >&) + 2842

3   ...ple.carbonframeworktemplate            0x000b7064 CVZFiosMMDeviceParser::ImportIPHOTOFolders() + 422

4   com.verizon.mediamanager                  0x0000663f CVZFiosMMMediaDC::ImportIPHOTOLibrary() + 19

5   com.verizon.mediamanager                  0x0001975a -[VZFiosMMPhotoView LoadIPHOTOLibraryThread:] + 70

6   com.apple.Foundation                      0x94008dfd -[NSThread main] + 45

7   com.apple.Foundation                      0x940089a4 __NSThread__main__ + 308

8   libSystem.B.dylib                         0x931e0155 _pthread_start + 321

9   libSystem.B.dylib                         0x931e0012 thread_start + 34

Thread 10 crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):

eax: 0xb03cd7dc  ebx: 0x000ae628  ecx: 0x124344d0  edx: 0x00000000

edi: 0x00133308  esi: 0x273ae170  ebp: 0xb03cd7f8  esp: 0xb03cd7b0

ss: 0x0000001f  efl: 0x00010202  eip: 0x9608aa2f   cs: 0x00000017

ds: 0x0000001f   es: 0x0000001f   fs: 0x0000001f   gs: 0x00000037

cr2: 0x00000000

0 Likes
Motorola DVR / MM / Media player - setup issues?
LRG51

I am running Windows 7 on my PC. When I setup Media Manager I am able to play music, see photos/slideshow... can't play video. I have seen that this is a common problem in this forum.

EVen though my network settings are set to discover devices... I don't see the Motorola DVR on the network devices list. Is this a problem or no issue?

The folders (video, pictures,music) all show up ok on my FIOS medica manager menu... but I get the message Media Manager is not able to play this video at this time... please try again later. This happens for all file formats... including the sample video provided by Media Manager.

This is really disappointing..   I hope Verison can solve this problem soon...

0 Likes