Media Manager PC not found by STB....
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I've read the dozens and dozens of posts about Media Manager problems but I don't see the answer (at least not a recent answer) to the basic problem I'm having.

I installed Media Manager yesterday.  No problem.  I have v9.2.72.

Scanned a bunch of .jpg files.  No problem.

Went to my 7100 series DVR, selected Media Manager on the menu.  Problem.   I keep getting a message saying no computers can be found running Media Manager.

I've rebooted my router, PC, and the DVR STB.  Still no joy.

I have Media Manager installed on a PC running WinXP SP3; Windows Firewall; Eset Smart Security V4; SuperAntispyware; and Ad Muncher.

My FiOS installation is pretty plain vanilla.  Coax from the ONT split to an Actiontec Rev E router and the TV's installed around the house.

All other features on all STB's, including the DVR, work properly.  Widgets, VOD, etc.

Can anyone suggest anything I can try to jump start the connection between my 7100 STB and my PC running Media Manager?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Motorola DVR / MM / Media player - setup issues?
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

LRG51,

Good morning!  I understand you're having problems with Media Manager- very sorry to hear that!  Unfortunately, at this time Media Manager is not supported on Windows 7.

As per the Media Manager page (http://verizon.com/mediamanager), the following are the Windows Installation Requirements:

•  
    • FiOS TV DVR Set-Top Box
    • Windows PC with SP1 or SP2 XP or Windows Vista (32-bit) connected to Verizon FiOS Home network *
    • 1GHz Intel 0rAMD processor or better
    • 512MB RAM (2GB RAM recommended for best performance)
    • 500MB free hard drive space.
    • Windows Media Player 9.0 or above
    • Adobe Flash Player version 10

Full compatibility for Windows 7 is being worked on, but until an official release is offered there will not be any support for it.  I'm very sorry about the temporary inconvenience!!!

- Chris

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager PC not found by STB....
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Replying to my own message.  Maybe it'll help the next guy.

My problem turned out to be my firewall...Eset Smart Security V4.  I found I had to create a rule allowing Media Manager to communite with my PC and presto....I was in.

I think it'll be pretty neat having a slide show on the big screen TV in the den when the family is all here for Xmas.

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager Installation Issues
mkgator2

I know windows 7 has only been out for over a year but do you have any idea when MM will support it?

0 Likes
Ecofreak

Have Vista installed.  MM has been installed for more than 6 months.  Suddenly stopped working.  Crashes w/in 1 minute of startup.

0 Likes
Ecofreak

Uninstalled and reinstalled the program.  Got rid of hidden folders.  All that good stuff.  No difference.

0 Likes
Blue_eyes

I just downloaded the new version of Media Manager for Mac and it worked immediately, no problems. Maybe they fixed the bugs finally.

0 Likes
jlee1348

I just had Verion Fios installed and I have been trying to install the media manager into my system, but I keep running into a problem.

I am getting a "windows installer" box stating "The installation package could not be opened. Verify the package exist and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package"

I am running Vista 64 bit.  I also tried downloading the test trial installer and I get the same error message.

The file is about 623KB only.  Is that correct?

TIA.

J

0 Likes
jkh1

I have loaded and removed 2x the last 2 days.   I am not great w/ vista 64 but, I had to add a new user account as administrator, loaded fine, but when I went back to the user account we normally use, kept getting spinning world.  so I brought up app, played with it on tv and have now removed, again.  

0 Likes
jlee1348

Figured it out.  I didn't have in home agent installed.

Thanks!

J

0 Likes