Re: Media Manager for Mac Installation Issues
JMF
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is now Feb. 2010, has anything been done about this snow leopard issue.  Media manager still crashes upon opening.  Any solutions yet????

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager Installation Issues
FIOSdan

The Verizon Media Manager installshield wizard is running.  During the Copying New Files stage I receive this error message.

Error 1606:  Could not access network location  www36.verizon.net/widget/fioslink/downloads/new/Core.cab

I tried with firewall on and off with same result.  Ran mediamanager.exe as an Administrator on Vista.

I had Media Manager installed and working when media manager told me there was a software update.  Unfortunately, I told it to install the update.  Now I have no Media Manager installed and it won't reinstall due to the error above.  Help.

0 Likes
fiber_Al

I've had exactly the same issue- the original version of Media Manager ran ok, did the update to the new version and it never installed- Error 1606. I Tried the various fixes posted  here (firewall off, remove old files etc) none of it worked. Does the new version install for anyone with an XP PC meeting the min reqs? 

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I just installed the update....v9.3.37.  No problem.

Running WinXP Pro SP3; Eset Smart Security 4; SuperAntiSpyware; Ad Muncher.

0 Likes
oceanexpress1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am running Vista 32bit.  Some lessons learned with the new release of media manager 9.3.37

When upgrading from 9.3.15,  it would get to the point in the install process of removing the older version, however, appears that the uninstall was never successful as each time i would come back into media manager it would notify me that a new version was now available.

To get around this i manually un-installed media manager and reinstalled the latest.

I also noticed that after un-intalling,  it would leave the following directory and files:  c:/users/name/AppData/Roaming/Verizon/Verizon Media Manager   You need to manually remove this directory if you wish a clean re-install.

best of luck.

0 Likes
Brian2010

Been trying to install the latest version of media manager on an XP SP3 machine but I get a strange message saying it "can't detect windows media player 11 or greater...".  I have windows media player 11 installed.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Media Manager starts maximized at computer startup
Snobeeler

I have Media Manager installed and working on Win 7 64 bit. My issue is when computer is restarted MM starts and opens maximized taking over the desktop. I then have to close MM which then puts it where it belongs in the taskbar by the clock. I do not see where I can make it start minimized.

Thanks

0 Likes
Media Manager install fails
deepblue

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.  Had Media manager running.  Tried to upgrade hoping it would fix some of the playback problems but was getting the msg below. So I un-installed MM and tried to re-install.... (I know, silly me) . Now I have no MM and the same msg....  

When I try to install Media Manager on my PC, it starts running and then stops with an error message

The files for installation requirement windowsmediaformatruntime could not be found.  The installation will now stop.  This is probably due to a failed, or canceled download.

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager install fails
deepblue

I can see this avenue is a waste of time..... 

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager starts maximized at computer startup
ALeighton13

How did you get it to install on your computer? I have Windows 7 64bit and it says that it can't install it...

0 Likes