Re: Media Manager install fails
eraindrop
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone found an answer for this.  I tried the msi clean up utility, but I can't find any files for media manager in there?  I've seen no other support for this?  What's the deal?

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager Installation Issues
SouthernGal

i have had the same problems with the "windowsmediaformatruntime error" 

i have tried every single suggestion here and it STILL doesnt work.  unbelieveably bad Customer service.

0 Likes
wack0jacko

Running the program in compatability mode - windows vista works for me. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
cflannagan

Would like to: access photos on my Macbook Pro via Media Manager, on my TV

Mac OSX version: 10.5.8

Media Manager installed on Mac? Yes

Have files/folders marked to be shared/access in Media Manager application on Mac: Yes

IP address shown on "System Information" for the TV/Verizon DVR: 192.168.1.100

Can ping above ip address 192.168.1.100 on my Mac: Yes

Networking setup: DIR 615 with Verizon router set up for wireless access. Devices in house, including my MacBook Pro is wireless. 

DIR 615 IP: 192.168.0.1

Verizon router IP: 192.168.1.1

As mentioned, I am able to ping 192.168.1.100, which is the DVR/TV from my Mac. So I assume I might need to have ports 5050, 18000, 18001 enabled.

Questions: How do I know if ports 5050, 18000, 18001 is open? 

I CAN access my DIR-655 admin menu.

I CANNOT access my Verizon modem router admin menu (don't have login credentials)

I tried to add "port forwarding" rule in DIR-655 (not even sure if I did it correctly) - for TCP and also UDP 5050, 18000,18001, using IP 192.168.1.100, but got error message coming back from DIR655 saying 

"Ip Address for 'verizon' should be within LAN subnet 192.168.0.0"

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Does anyone use Media Manager?
jimryan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Last append in this thread is 3 months ago.  Download for media manager is broken with a 404 (http://www36.verizon.com/widgets/fioslink/mediamanagersla.htm).  Verizon wasn't aware it was broken, insisted it was working until I showed it to them with a screen share.  Has anyone had a good experience with it?  Is it worth investing time into?

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager PC not found by STB....
kjmahoney

What was the Eset rule you provided that allowed your STB to connect to your PC?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Does anyone use Media Manager?
Artstein
yes, I've used it. It sort of works, but the software codec implementations that it uses are terrible. The codecs can not produce a high quality decode similar to the firmware on their DVRs. You get lots of blackness when there is a lot of movement. The codec sometime goes out of sync with the audio and video. Some videos I've tried viewing with media manager it halts, skips, or jumps to the end of the video. All of these videos play at their top quality on my pc or through my dlna interface via my blue ray box to the tv. Most are mp4 codecs,or dive codecs . Verizon needs to upgrade their codecs for media manager. It seems as if they are using 10 year old software.
0 Likes
Re: Does anyone use Media Manager?
Artstein
Excuse the spelling errors on the last post. I am typing on my iPad and it tries to guess the correct word for my jargon and I fail to look up to see what it did to it.
0 Likes
Re: latest version of media manager - install interrupted
kamara793

please help me to fix this problem...i have no idea

0 Likes