Verizon Media Manager wants to close right after it starts
Obie-Wan

I've tried to install the media manager several times.  Everytime it starts up, a dialog box displays saying that the media manager has encountered a problem and needs to close.  The dialog box allows me to send a report on the error.  I've sent several reports over the last week and I've never received a response.

I've un-installed and re-installed the program several times.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Media Manager wants to close right after it starts
EPatrick

I have the same problem.  I was able to set it up initially and add a photo album with 460 jpgs.  It showed up immediately on the DVR's Media Manager and I could view the jpgs on TV.

After I closed the program and restarted later, the program would show an error window stating it "encountered a problem and needed to close."  As long as I didn't hit the OK button on the error window I could view the jpgs on my TV.

I'm running XP home premium.

I have a Vista 64-bit machine that has no problem handling Fios Media Manager.

But neither machine can handle my movie files -- timing out each time. 

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager will not install
Treasagent
I'll try that, although I haven't had this problem with a prior version.
0 Likes
Media Manager will not install on PC
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner
Moved to Media Manager Installation Issues to merge all relevant threads.
0 Likes
Media Manager will not install on PC
Treasagent

Everytime I try to install Media Manager on my PC I keep getting errors. While Installing I get  "TODO (Filename)"  after I let the error report, the program completes the install. When I try to run it I get the following errors:

8/17/2009 12:11:52 PM     Application Error     Fault bucket 1415101203. Event ID 1001
8/17/2009 12:11:49 PM     Application Error     Faulting application convertdb.exe, version 9.2.72.0, faulting module msvcr71.dll, version 7.10.3052.4, fault address 0x0000302e. Event ID 1000

I have tried not loading any other programs on a clean boot, but it still will not load. I have not had this problem with prior version of the software. Should this be reported to support? 

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager will not install
HarryA
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have the same problem.  The new version of Media Manager installs, but will not run.  I am running Vista 64 bit.  Had no problems with the previous version of Media Manager, but the lastest version will not run.
0 Likes
Media manager install but will not run
tbear263
Enthusiast - Level 3
I went to use the MM and it asked to do an update... so I did. It starts up and find all my music and pics then gets an error ( not listed ) pops up a box asking to type in what I was doing and then send. The program then closes. I unsinstalled and rebooted and installed again with same results. The old version worked fine. Running XP home. Oh and I dont care about video or even have any. just want pictures. Any help would be great. Thanks
0 Likes
Re: latest version of media manager - install interrupted
TomTama

My issue with the latest version of media manager isn't with the install. It seems to  install just fine. My problem is that it won't start. I just get a little window in the middle of my screen that says, "Offline". Has anyone else had this problem? I'm running Vista X64 SP2. The previous version (several weeks old or older) worked just fine.

0 Likes
Getting "Offline" message when starting the 9.2.72 version of media manager
TomTama

I just installed Media Manager 9.2.72 on my Vista X64 SP2 system. It installed without error, but when I start the program it will not start. I get a small window in the middle of the screen the says "Offline" and that's it. The previous version worked just fine. Does anyone have any ideas on what is causing it or how to fix it?

Is it possible to download the previous version?

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager will not install on PC
Litezoner

I think you have a bad installer package, go to search after unistalling, search out any file with verizon attached to the name, then go to regedit in the run command, find Hkeylocal machine software, scroll down to the verizon folder, right click and delete that folder. then reboot your machine and reinstall MM

Good Luck.

0 Likes