Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Media Manager Installation Issues

richardka
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: latest version of media manager - install interrupted

Message 16 of 79
(13,059 Views)

Don't think Microsoft is the culprit (hated saying that) since I don't have Roxio installed and Media Manager worked  prior to installing the upgrade.

Nothing new was introduced to my pc.

richardka
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 17 of 79
(12,855 Views)

no success with installing media manager after spending hours on the phone with support and this forum

seems no one knows how this product works

well, they finally posted another version of media manager on 8/6 and it finally works.

TomTama
Contributor
Contributor

Message 27 of 79
(12,509 Views)

My issue with the latest version of media manager isn't with the install. It seems to  install just fine. My problem is that it won't start. I just get a little window in the middle of my screen that says, "Offline". Has anyone else had this problem? I'm running Vista X64 SP2. The previous version (several weeks old or older) worked just fine.

tbear263
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Media manager install but will not run

Message 26 of 79
(12,531 Views)
I went to use the MM and it asked to do an update... so I did. It starts up and find all my music and pics then gets an error ( not listed ) pops up a box asking to type in what I was doing and then send. The program then closes. I unsinstalled and rebooted and installed again with same results. The old version worked fine. Running XP home. Oh and I dont care about video or even have any. just want pictures. Any help would be great. Thanks
Treasagent
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Media Manager will not install on PC

Message 23 of 79
(12,715 Views)

Everytime I try to install Media Manager on my PC I keep getting errors. While Installing I get  "TODO (Filename)"  after I let the error report, the program completes the install. When I try to run it I get the following errors:

8/17/2009 12:11:52 PM     Application Error     Fault bucket 1415101203. Event ID 1001
8/17/2009 12:11:49 PM     Application Error     Faulting application convertdb.exe, version 9.2.72.0, faulting module msvcr71.dll, version 7.10.3052.4, fault address 0x0000302e. Event ID 1000

I have tried not loading any other programs on a clean boot, but it still will not load. I have not had this problem with prior version of the software. Should this be reported to support? 

Litezoner
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Media Manager will not install on PC

Message 29 of 79
(12,656 Views)

I think you have a bad installer package, go to search after unistalling, search out any file with verizon attached to the name, then go to regedit in the run command, find Hkeylocal machine software, scroll down to the verizon folder, right click and delete that folder. then reboot your machine and reinstall MM

Good Luck.

Treasagent
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Media Manager will not install on PC

Message 30 of 79
(12,635 Views)

I went into the registry with RegSeeker and removed anything listed as "verizon media" .. it worked.. thanks

Obie-Wan
Contributor
Contributor

Verizon Media Manager wants to close right after it starts

Message 20 of 79
(12,734 Views)

I've tried to install the media manager several times.  Everytime it starts up, a dialog box displays saying that the media manager has encountered a problem and needs to close.  The dialog box allows me to send a report on the error.  I've sent several reports over the last week and I've never received a response.

I've un-installed and re-installed the program several times.

Any ideas?

EPatrick
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Verizon Media Manager wants to close right after it starts

Message 21 of 79
(12,726 Views)

I have the same problem.  I was able to set it up initially and add a photo album with 460 jpgs.  It showed up immediately on the DVR's Media Manager and I could view the jpgs on TV.

After I closed the program and restarted later, the program would show an error window stating it "encountered a problem and needed to close."  As long as I didn't hit the OK button on the error window I could view the jpgs on my TV.

I'm running XP home premium.

I have a Vista 64-bit machine that has no problem handling Fios Media Manager.

But neither machine can handle my movie files -- timing out each time. 

DLG-8
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Verizon Media Manager wants to close right after it starts

Message 31 of 79
(12,633 Views)

I have the same problem.  I get error an message that "MM has encountered a problem and needs to close" as soon as the program opens.  If I DO NOT hit SEND and leave message box open,  I can view Photos and Videos.  Songs play but NO SOUND.  I can play songs with MM on my PC.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled once.

XP Media Center Edition SP3

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title