Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Media Manager Installation Issues

eljefe
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: Media Manager PC not found by STB....

Message 53 of 79
(9,434 Views)

Replying to my own message.  Maybe it'll help the next guy.

My problem turned out to be my firewall...Eset Smart Security V4.  I found I had to create a rule allowing Media Manager to communite with my PC and presto....I was in.

I think it'll be pretty neat having a slide show on the big screen TV in the den when the family is all here for Xmas.

LRG51
Contributor
Contributor

Motorola DVR / MM / Media player - setup issues?

Message 50 of 79
(9,495 Views)

I am running Windows 7 on my PC. When I setup Media Manager I am able to play music, see photos/slideshow... can't play video. I have seen that this is a common problem in this forum.

EVen though my network settings are set to discover devices... I don't see the Motorola DVR on the network devices list. Is this a problem or no issue?

The folders (video, pictures,music) all show up ok on my FIOS medica manager menu... but I get the message Media Manager is not able to play this video at this time... please try again later. This happens for all file formats... including the sample video provided by Media Manager.

This is really disappointing..   I hope Verison can solve this problem soon...

VZ_Christian
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Motorola DVR / MM / Media player - setup issues?

Message 52 of 79
(9,440 Views)

LRG51,

Good morning!  I understand you're having problems with Media Manager- very sorry to hear that!  Unfortunately, at this time Media Manager is not supported on Windows 7.

As per the Media Manager page (http://verizon.com/mediamanager), the following are the Windows Installation Requirements:

•  
    • FiOS TV DVR Set-Top Box
    • Windows PC with SP1 or SP2 XP or Windows Vista (32-bit) connected to Verizon FiOS Home network *
    • 1GHz Intel 0rAMD processor or better
    • 512MB RAM (2GB RAM recommended for best performance)
    • 500MB free hard drive space.
    • Windows Media Player 9.0 or above
    • Adobe Flash Player version 10

Full compatibility for Windows 7 is being worked on, but until an official release is offered there will not be any support for it.  I'm very sorry about the temporary inconvenience!!!

- Chris

Christian
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

mkgator
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Media Manager Installation Issues

Message 54 of 79
(9,353 Views)

I know windows 7 has only been out for over a year but do you have any idea when MM will support it?

Ecofreak
Contributor
Contributor

Message 55 of 79
(8,998 Views)

Have Vista installed.  MM has been installed for more than 6 months.  Suddenly stopped working.  Crashes w/in 1 minute of startup.

Ecofreak
Contributor
Contributor

Message 56 of 79
(8,996 Views)

Uninstalled and reinstalled the program.  Got rid of hidden folders.  All that good stuff.  No difference.

Blue_eyes
Contributor
Contributor

Message 57 of 79
(8,272 Views)

I just downloaded the new version of Media Manager for Mac and it worked immediately, no problems. Maybe they fixed the bugs finally.

jlee1348
Contributor
Contributor

Message 58 of 79
(7,754 Views)

I just had Verion Fios installed and I have been trying to install the media manager into my system, but I keep running into a problem.

I am getting a "windows installer" box stating "The installation package could not be opened. Verify the package exist and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package"

I am running Vista 64 bit.  I also tried downloading the test trial installer and I get the same error message.

The file is about 623KB only.  Is that correct?

TIA.

J

jkh1
Contributor
Contributor

Message 59 of 79
(7,741 Views)

I have loaded and removed 2x the last 2 days.   I am not great w/ vista 64 but, I had to add a new user account as administrator, loaded fine, but when I went back to the user account we normally use, kept getting spinning world.  so I brought up app, played with it on tv and have now removed, again.  

jlee1348
Contributor
Contributor

Message 60 of 79
(7,694 Views)

Figured it out.  I didn't have in home agent installed.

Thanks!

J

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title