Media Manager MP3s don't play through HDMI
chrisspangler99

TV: LG 42LG20

Platform: HD DVR QIP 7216 I (media center DVR)

Release 1.60

Similar Post to mine:  http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_TV&message.id=3754&query.id=39865#M3754

Symptoms / Troubleshooting:

1)  No problems with pictures

2) MP3s, I thought after reading posts on this forum and speaking with Verizon tech support last week that I needed to have Media Player 11, which I upgraded to on two of my desktops, hard-wired running XP Home SP2.  I also saw a post about registering some Windows codec drivers with the registry. 

3) While on the phone this afternoon, we switched inputs from HDMI (one cable I bought for my week old TV, a second HDMI cable supplied graciously by the Verizon technician last Friday and I just switched to FIOS on 3/13) to RCA cables out the back of the STB, changed to AV1 and it worked like a champ!!

Next steps, to test out component cables so I don't have both HDMI and RCA between my DVR and TV and only need a COMP1 input, not both AV1 and HDMI.

In addition to the post above, has anybody else with this combination of DVR, Software Release, DVR model had similar symptoms and a resolution?

My neighbor showed me Media Manager last Friday and he has a Samsung 42" HD set with a media center DVR connected with just HDMI and does NOT need to swap inputs.  He's fine with only HDMI.  I haven't had a chance to sniff around his setup and gather the details that I have with mine just yet, but plan to.  Basically he just ran the Media Manager setup and ran it from his TV with no issue.

I know that the picture difference isn't supposed to be very different between HDMI and Component, but I guess there's a principle that HDMI is the "latest and greatest", why is this combination of technology a struggle and why should a paying customer have to compromise or settle?

Thank You

Tags (4)
0 Likes