Media Manager MP3s don't play through HDMI

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Media Manager MP3s don't play through HDMI

Message 1 of 1
(3,788 Views)

TV: LG 42LG20

Platform: HD DVR QIP 7216 I (media center DVR)

Release 1.60

Similar Post to mine:  http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_TV&message.id=3754&query.id=39865#M3754

Symptoms / Troubleshooting:

1)  No problems with pictures

2) MP3s, I thought after reading posts on this forum and speaking with Verizon tech support last week that I needed to have Media Player 11, which I upgraded to on two of my desktops, hard-wired running XP Home SP2.  I also saw a post about registering some Windows codec drivers with the registry. 

3) While on the phone this afternoon, we switched inputs from HDMI (one cable I bought for my week old TV, a second HDMI cable supplied graciously by the Verizon technician last Friday and I just switched to FIOS on 3/13) to RCA cables out the back of the STB, changed to AV1 and it worked like a champ!!

Next steps, to test out component cables so I don't have both HDMI and RCA between my DVR and TV and only need a COMP1 input, not both AV1 and HDMI.

In addition to the post above, has anybody else with this combination of DVR, Software Release, DVR model had similar symptoms and a resolution?

My neighbor showed me Media Manager last Friday and he has a Samsung 42" HD set with a media center DVR connected with just HDMI and does NOT need to swap inputs.  He's fine with only HDMI.  I haven't had a chance to sniff around his setup and gather the details that I have with mine just yet, but plan to.  Basically he just ran the Media Manager setup and ran it from his TV with no issue.

I know that the picture difference isn't supposed to be very different between HDMI and Component, but I guess there's a principle that HDMI is the "latest and greatest", why is this combination of technology a struggle and why should a paying customer have to compromise or settle?

Thank You

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.